Money League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Money League

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:34 pm

PACKman1144 wrote:O I can afford $5 in a heartbeat, I have a job.

Looks like we're gonna push for a unanimious desision to make the buy in $10 because we realize we set it too low.

This way 2nd gets something.

I know you guys may not like the idea, but I'm curious on your thought. Remember we are only gonna change with a unanimous vote.

I still say it changes next year and stands pat this year. There will almost assuredly always be someone who will feel pressure to agree if most everyone does, but will secretly be seething over mid-season rule changes, especially one regarding the payout. He may never say so, but he may not play next year, and a friendship may become strained. Leave it be for now. Too many maybes ending in hardship for my taste.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby PACKman1144 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:40 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:

Looks like we're gonna push for a unanimious desision to make the buy in $10 because we realize we set it too low.

I know you guys may not like the idea, but I'm curious on your thought. Remember we are only gonna change with a unanimous vote.

I still say it changes next year and stands pat this year. There will almost assuredly always be someone who will feel pressure to agree if most everyone does, but will secretly be seething over mid-season rule changes, especially one regarding the payout. He may never say so, but he may not play next year, and a friendship may become strained. Leave it be for now. Too many maybes ending in hardship for my taste.

As of now every one wants the change though, two more people have yet to respond.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Bowie » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:19 pm

PACKman1144 wrote:As of now every one wants the change though, two more people have yet to respond.

It sure doesn't sound like klax258 wants this change.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby PACKman1144 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:02 pm

Bowie wrote:
PACKman1144 wrote:As of now every one wants the change though, two more people have yet to respond.

It sure doesn't sound like klax258 wants this change.

We made the desision after he posted. He's agrees, we both came up with the idea.
Last edited by PACKman1144 on Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Payne Dailey » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:17 pm

If this is a year to year league instead of a one & done you're setting a bad precedent. What happens next year where someone wants a rule change in the middle of the year?
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:22 am

I agree, once the payouts are set they're set for the year...you can't change the rules once the game's already started.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:42 am

Pay me $40 and I'll make the decision for you guys.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby biju » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:53 am

Let me guess...the two that haven't responded have losing seasons thus far, right?

If I were losing 7 weeks into the season and someone asked me to double my entry fee simply so second place could get some money I'd quit.

You shouldn't enforce rule changes once the fantasy season starts.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:56 am

PACKman1144 wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:

As of now every one wants the change though, two more people have yet to respond.

I dont understand why you are voting. Is it for next yr?

If you are voting to change the rules for this yr the only advice I can give is for everyone to find a new league next yr where rules are rules, cause this type of thing is a joke.

What dont you understand about not changing the rules once the season starts? It doesnt matter if something is unanimous. The rule was made. You have to live with it for this season.

Im sorry if I sound harsh, but what I see happening is one of the biggest no-nos possible. Changing the payout in week 7 once everyone agreed to it originally? oh no - that cannot happen.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby gablefan » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:04 am

I agree
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner