Stupid Fans - Raiders Black Hole - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Stupid Fans - Raiders Black Hole

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby DrSpackle » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:55 pm

Here in Denver if it snows just before or during a game AND you wear the opposing team colors -- expect a snowball right between your eyes. Not saying it's right or wrong, but it happens every time.

Hell, I remember a Raider game where a fan hit Lincoln Kennedy in the head (he had his helmet off) and Kennedy ran into the stands after the guy!

Fans are fans. Doesn't matter what city. Every city has it's a-hole fans.
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bklik » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:11 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
ampant wrote:That's the crappy thing about football. You can't really take your kids to games.

thats a shame. I know up here, the Fords have gone out of their way to make it a family friendly atmosphere. We dont even have cheerleaders. :~( I guess it isnt everywhere in the NFL that these problems are happening.

Its because all fan hate gets poured into Joey... with Garcia in I can see the Atmosphere becoming violent!
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:15 pm

bklik wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
ampant wrote:That's the crappy thing about football. You can't really take your kids to games.

thats a shame. I know up here, the Fords have gone out of their way to make it a family friendly atmosphere. We dont even have cheerleaders. :~( I guess it isnt everywhere in the NFL that these problems are happening.

Its because all fan hate gets poured into Joey... with Garcia in I can see the Atmosphere becoming violent!

very true - its actually really funny to listen to sports radio and check out the messageboards. Its like the QB situation is over and people are left to talk about the rest of the team for a change.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby gablefan » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:26 pm

How about don't act like a Jacka$$?
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PACKman1144 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:39 pm

I think it is more so in the NFL than in college. I'm pretty sure you cant get alchohol within a college game (not positive though). I've been to numerous college games and never once have I seen these kind of things apart form student heckling and so forth. Or maybe it's cuz the games were towards the South... Southern Hospitality I guess. But even on the road when I go to NC State MD games here in Maryland that doesn't really happen.

That really is a shame though, shouldn't have to worry about that kind of stuff to see your team play some football.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:53 pm

What was this guy thinking bringing his wife to the Black Hole?

I would of been laughing at the weiner when he got thrown out.
What a waste of a good football game, spending it next to your old lady! :-P
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ampant » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:37 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote: he bought tickets to the Black Hole though. what did he expect, back massages and a free kitten?

I am sure, as a Raider fan, he obviously was not expecting somebody to pour beer on his wife and ask if he could lick it off.

Dan Lambskin wrote:the fans in that area are nuts, and if you arent as nuts as them, dont sit there, or dont be pissed off if someone offends you.

It's a public event. And being a rabid raiders fan doesn't give you an excuse to be an a-hole. We aren't talking about using harsh language. We are talking about grounds for a serious ass-beating. If somebody did that to my wife, they would loose teeth or a kneecap.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby ampant » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:42 pm

Jimboozie wrote:What was this guy thinking bringing his wife to the Black Hole?

So there aren't women who can be big raiders fans? A dude at my work and his wife are both huge fans.

Jimboozie wrote:I would of been laughing at the weiner when he got thrown out.
What a waste of a good football game, spending it next to your old lady! :-P

And I would be laughing at the guy who poured beer on my wife as he looked on the ground for all of his missing teeth.

You obviously have a great relationship with your wife/girldfriend/hand.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby awwchrist » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:50 pm

People think that just because it's a football game, and compounding the issue with it being a certain section that is typically known for diehard fans, that it allows them to behave that way.

The sad thing is, I've been to PA-LENTY of Oakland home games, both A's and Raiders, and I have never came away thinking Oakland fans don't deserve the bad wrap.

It's never been a pleasant experience.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Atog » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:14 pm

At the Big House the fans for the opposing team tend to be in pockets around the endzone across from the Student Section, but with so many people going to the games, an 'unofficial' student section has been created around where the other team's fans sit.
Anyways, when I was at the EMU game standing in the section (which is a funny story in itself, because you're not really allowed to stand unless you're in the "real" student section, but they can't really throw out more than a hundred student fans), and this guy and his friend (who were both totally wasted) who were next to us were just shouting obscenities, etc., at the Eastern Fans (who were mostly parents). He eventually got everyone (mostly other Michigan fans) yelling at him.

My brother went to the UM-State game in East Lansing, and says that not too much happened to him, other than somebody spitting on his UM Shirt.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk