Stupid Fans - Raiders Black Hole - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Stupid Fans - Raiders Black Hole

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ampant » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:16 pm

awwchrist wrote:People think that just because it's a football game, and compounding the issue with it being a certain section that is typically known for diehard fans, that it allows them to behave that way.

The sad thing is, I've been to PA-LENTY of Oakland home games, both A's and Raiders, and I have never came away thinking Oakland fans don't deserve the bad wrap.

That's kind of what I was curious about. I know that things can happen at any game, but usually they at least happen to an opposing fan who is conspicuously dressed or sitting in a different section, etc. Fans can scream and boo, but throwing stuff, pouring stuff, etc. is legally defined as assault.

I think that Raider fans in particular (at least the ones at the games) consist of the lowest common denominator. And it's not just Oakland, it was that way when they were in LA too (I grew up down there, and the stories were just as numerous). Somehow the team Fosters that sort of attitude/behaviour.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Smee » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:18 pm

How about what just happened in the world series?

Guillen apologizes after Sox fan slaps Biggio's wife

Some people are just drunken idiots. I've wondered what it is about sporting events that makes people turn jerks. It happens to me too, don't come to Camp Randall sporting Michigan colors and expect me to buy you a drink.

As far as slapping your wife or pissing in a balloon, that sure as hell won't be coming from my direction.
Smee
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ampant » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:39 pm

Smee wrote:How about what just happened in the world series?

Guillen apologizes after Sox fan slaps Biggio's wife

Some people are just drunken idiots. I've wondered what it is about sporting events that makes people turn jerks. It happens to me too, don't come to Camp Randall sporting Michigan colors and expect me to buy you a drink.

As far as slapping your wife or pissing in a balloon, that sure as hell won't be coming from my direction.

Right. We can find examples of this from everywhere, but there seem to be more coming from Raiders games than anywhere else in the NFL. As far as the WS incident, Biggio ought to make a deal with the guy "I won't sue you and make your life hell, if you just let me smack you in the face as hard as I can. Sign here please . . . "
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bklik » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:54 pm

Atog wrote:At the Big House the fans for the opposing team tend to be in pockets around the endzone across from the Student Section, but with so many people going to the games, an 'unofficial' student section has been created around where the other team's fans sit.
Anyways, when I was at the EMU game standing in the section (which is a funny story in itself, because you're not really allowed to stand unless you're in the "real" student section, but they can't really throw out more than a hundred student fans), and this guy and his friend (who were both totally wasted) who were next to us were just shouting obscenities, etc., at the Eastern Fans (who were mostly parents). He eventually got everyone (mostly other Michigan fans) yelling at him.

My brother went to the UM-State game in East Lansing, and says that not too much happened to him, other than somebody spitting on his UM Shirt.

Big House isnt that bad. The worst I saw was the 2003 Purdue Game where this one guy in a purdue shirt among the entire student section was tryin to talk trash, and somebody threw a football from about 35-40 rows away and hit him in the face. It was Kodak.

However, at the UofM MSU game this year at East Lansing, my buddy got spit on too right after we won. I also had my gf hit on by a ton of guys from MSU, but it was because I had my Mich shirt on.
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:27 pm

ampant wrote:As far as the WS incident, Biggio ought to make a deal with the guy "I won't sue you and make your life hell, if you just let me smack you in the face as hard as I can. Sign here please . . . "

Personally I think this calls for a Bruce-Willis-in-The-Last-Boyscout Head or Gut?
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby ampant » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:32 pm

lmcjaho,

why are you still wearing a bag? Rams won dude.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CC » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:34 pm

lmcjaho wrote:
ampant wrote:As far as the WS incident, Biggio ought to make a deal with the guy "I won't sue you and make your life hell, if you just let me smack you in the face as hard as I can. Sign here please . . . "

Personally I think this calls for a Bruce-Willis-in-The-Last-Boyscout Head or Gut?

I think it calls for the Billy-Cole-in-The-Last-Boyscout pull the gun out of your pants and shoot the mofo (while on the field, I almost died laughing)
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:35 pm

ampant wrote:lmcjaho,

why are you still wearing a bag? Rams won dude.

Unfortunately I made a "until next meeting" PBC with awwchrist in the SeaParakeets game... So I have this baby for a little longer at least...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Re: Stupid Fans - Raiders Black Hole

Postby Mr. Irrelevant » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:16 pm

Some guy poured a beer ..

How can any guy waste beer like that? What an idiot.
Mr. Irrelevant
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby nikku88 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:48 pm

I went to my first live football game this year. I've been to many live baseball games before. I noticed that football fans are much crazier than baseball fans. More drinking and lots of fighting. At least there were lots of cops in the stadium. ;-D
nikku88
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk