Stupid Fans - Raiders Black Hole - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Stupid Fans - Raiders Black Hole

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kilroy » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:51 pm

At Cleveland Municipal Stadium the old Dawg Pound was pretty insane, but if you were a Browns Fan everyone was your new best bud. Not many fans of opposing teams went up there tho'....

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby euclid530 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:07 am

i went to a raiders game a couple of years ago and had a good experience. I don't think you can classify raiders fans with one section of the stadium that is known for being crazy.
euclid530
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby saundman2000 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:42 am

The "Black Hole" seems to be the football equivelant of a "Mosh Pit" at a concert..

The fans get a little out of hand and ppl can get hurt. The thing is though that it's obvious that if you don't want to be in the middle of the madness and accept the bumping around, then you should move out of the way.

I'm not blaming the guy for defending his wife. That is a pretty admirable thing. But you have to know what the situation looks like going in. I wouldn't put my wife in that situation.

If you are wild and crazy enough to want to get seats in the black hole with the knowledge of what that entails, then you have to expect this kind of thing to happen.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Stupid Fans - Raiders Black Hole

Postby ampant » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:58 am

Mr. Irrelevant wrote:
Some guy poured a beer ..

How can any guy waste beer like that? What an idiot.

LOL
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby ampant » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:02 am

euclid530 wrote:i went to a raiders game a couple of years ago and had a good experience. I don't think you can classify raiders fans with one section of the stadium that is known for being crazy.

I wasn't. I was giving an extreme example, coupled with my perception that Raider fans (both in Oakland and LA) have always been more prone to extreme/offensive/dangerous behaviour. Basically, I just hate people who are a-holes for no good reason. It gets my hackles up bigtime. :-#

When you went to the game, were you wearing niners paraphernalia? That would be ballsy.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:07 am

I go to a Raider game every year thanks to free tickets. Many of the fans are AH's. Never been to the Black hole though. The best part was looking out of the corner of my eye when Ladanian caught, ran, and threw a TD. Priceless. And seeing Raiders fans fight each other and get kicked out. Funny actually.

If it was my wife they did that to I would think about the best way for revenge on the guy who did it. That would not be elbowing him although I'd like to. It would simply be getting a police officer and getting him kicked out then talking to a lawyer about sexual harassment and sue his butt.

I say let the Raiders fans be themselves. Here is why. I just read an article a few weeks back about their season ticket sales. They are at about half of what was projected and to top it off the interest on the loan will soon be more than the principal. The team is doing well but the city can't afford to keep them much longer with the losses they are taking. Can you say San Jose Raiders. LOL!

So sit back and watch them destroy their own franchise. One thing good for Raiders fans is unlike most NFL teams there will always be tickets available. Even Raiders fans won't want to go anymore.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby The_Dude » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:10 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:So sit back and watch them destroy their own franchise. One thing good for Raiders fans is unlike most NFL teams there will always be tickets available. Even Raiders fans won't want to go anymore.

That much is true... just about every home game has been blacked out on tv because there are still tickets available.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:31 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
ampant wrote:That's the crappy thing about football. You can't really take your kids to games.

thats a shame. I know up here, the Fords have gone out of their way to make it a family friendly atmosphere. We dont even have cheerleaders. :~( I guess it isnt everywhere in the NFL that these problems are happening.

Wow I never knew Detroit sucked THAT much.

P.S. - Don't goto Raider's games, they suck. Especially not in the black hole.. it's like a mosh pit with people holding beer. If you go in there and try to root for the opposing team? Wow, you might get murdered, literally.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:52 pm

The bs happens at all football games. HS kids could probably tell some harrowing tales. At least the water bottles you see thrown on to college fields can be somewhat attributed to youth. The beer bottles you seeing coming out of stands in the NFL, sadly can be attributed to "adults" that cant handle their liquor or adulthood.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tbird2000 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:47 pm

I'm a huge Raider fan but living in NYC keeps me from seeing any games, think I might see them vs. the Jets this year though. But just seeing the Black Hole on TV it reminds me of the bleachers @ Yankee stadium. I've been there a few times and I would emplore anyone not to take the path of the visiting team in Yanks house. Last year there was a guy waving a Canadian flag and wearing a Jays jacket that was talking sh*t all afternoon and before I knew it he was being punched repeatedly by numerous "bleacher creatures". What they do is find a guy or maybe a couple of dudes and toss ice or peanuts at them until they get pissed enough to retaliate, when they do, 35 Yanks fans pounce on them. This won't happen every game though, and you would think it happens alot vs. Boston but there are actually alot of Sox fans in NYC so those games are mellow in terms of violence. We saw this year that fans are starting to get involved (Sheffield @ Boston) way too much, hey, we still toss a AA battery or two at Manny or Ichiro, but that's all in good fun...
Schaub
Jennings,V.Jackson, DeSean
Turner,Barber,DMC,Benson
Daniels
Palmer
Wayne,Edwards,Ocho,E.Bennett
AP,Pierre,L.Wash,M.Bush
Z.Miller
Peyton
Boldin,R.Williams,Berrian,Jenkins,Harvin,Bennett,Morgan
Turner,DMC,Rice,L.Wash,Davis
O.Daniels