Question for the beer-meisters - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Question for the beer-meisters

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Question for the beer-meisters

Postby Kilroy » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:07 am

Mookie4ever wrote:$6.99 for a 12 pack??

Where do you live - I'm taking the afternoon off and going for a drive.

Dazedncnfz wrote:
TTTBone wrote:Question is:
Is it okay for me to go back tomorrow and buy like 5-10 cases and store them? I'll never find a price like that again for such a quality beer. This is Grolsch in 330ml cans, not the bottled stuff.

So, the beer at the store is refrigerated. Is it okay for me to buy some quantity and store it warm (in the basement), and if so, for how long? Any loss in quality or taste?

AHHH!! Never ever ever ever store beer in a warm place after it's been refrigerated. That is what will cause it to skunk. If you buy it cold you have to keep it cold. ;-D

As far as going back and buying more...nothing wrong with that, just keep it cold!

This is true. Solution = beer fridge.

best purchase I ever made..Little Fridge that holds a couple cases..sits near the TV and the Computer, so whether I'm watching the Game or Surfin' the Net Refreshment's only a few feet away.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Question for the beer-meisters

Postby Pete123444 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:00 am

Dazedncnfz wrote:
TTTBone wrote:Question is:
Is it okay for me to go back tomorrow and buy like 5-10 cases and store them? I'll never find a price like that again for such a quality beer. This is Grolsch in 330ml cans, not the bottled stuff.

So, the beer at the store is refrigerated. Is it okay for me to buy some quantity and store it warm (in the basement), and if so, for how long? Any loss in quality or taste?

AHHH!! Never ever ever ever store beer in a warm place after it's been refrigerated. That is what will cause it to skunk. If you buy it cold you have to keep it cold. ;-D

As far as going back and buying more...nothing wrong with that, just keep it cold!

I'm sorry but you're wrong here. Beer should always be stored in cool places because it ages quicker at higher temperatures. Budweiser and Miller keep their beer at "cool" temperatures but deliver them to stores in hot trucks during the summer. It doesn't skunk the beer right away. Coors keeps their beer at cold temperatures and keep their trucks insulated to keep it cold. The advantage to this is a fresher better quality if it has the same date. Any beer that's stored warm isn't going to last too long because it will age quicker. In you're case, figure out how much beer you can consume in 3 months. And buy that much and keep it somewhere in the house like your closet where it will stay reasonably cool.

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:27 am

Do you live in Wisconsin? Don't you have a shed or something that isn't heated? I have to imagine that this time of year, you could probably store it out there and it wouldn't be too terribly much warmer than your fridge....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:28 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:Do you live in Wisconsin? Don't you have a shed or something that isn't heated? I have to imagine that this time of year, you could probably store it out there and it wouldn't be too terribly much warmer than your fridge....

Actually, I'm a Wisconsin transplant living in Minneapolis. I don't have a shed, but I do have a nice cool garage, which is currently holding 3 cases of Grolsch. I fit two more into the bar fridge. 5 cases for $70. ;-D

Should hold me for a while.
Then again with all the Packers troubles... :~( :*) :-b
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:02 pm

Besides Hard Liquor.... cough! cough!

The Silver Bullet is the way to go >>>>>>>>
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Payne Dailey » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:42 pm

Alkaholik wrote:The Silver Bullet is the way to go

You couldn't pay me to drink that "beer".
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:41 pm

Payne Dailey wrote:You couldn't pay me to drink that "beer".

Don't worry, I dont take any disrespect.

By looking at your response and your aviator, I would still be pissed at a SEA fan after the SEAHAWKS took down your CowGirls.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Previous

Return to General Talk