Samkon Gado - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Samkon Gado

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby benjapage » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:15 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
benjapage wrote:WHOA: next willie parker?

The next Willie Parker?

I'm not so sure I would want to be the next Willie Parker if I was this kid... I mean, who really wants to be an over-rated, under-sized member of a permanent RBBC system?

um, i'll take it if i'm gado-gado. willie's a fast, strong dude running behind a massive and quick offensive line, learning from two masters of the craft (duce and bettis) who are on their way out. future looks exceptionally bright for fwp. to say that about gado when his whole situation in green bay looks dismal, that's saying a lot. is he as quick and strong? if so, that is indeed saying a lot. jokes aside.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:20 pm

Jeez, we finally get our rb stable cleared of all those wierd names like ahman and najeh, and get someone with a real name like tony, and then we get samkon in here to ruin everything. He better be as good as they say...
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby saundman2000 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:30 pm

Ooo a new RB joins the practice squad?

He is just now emerging from obscurity and someone's throwing out references to a successful back on a GOOD team?

I would expect nothing out of this guy this year or even next year.
:-t
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:46 pm

saundman2000 wrote:Ooo a new RB joins the practice squad?

He is just now emerging from obscurity and someone's throwing out references to a successful back on a GOOD team?

Well - thats kinda why its funny that they are comparing him to FWP. Many people think FWP is a 3 game fluke who doesnt have much of a real future at all. I mean, its not as if they are comparing Gado to a proven RB or anything.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby saundman2000 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:24 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:

Well - thats kinda why its funny that they are comparing him to FWP. Many people think FWP is a 3 game fluke who doesnt have much of a real future at all. I mean, its not as if they are comparing Gado to a proven RB or anything.

There you are again naysaying Willie Parker again. Did he steal your girlfreind or something?

It's a little hard to keep ragging on him as he's hanging C- notes and busting 37-yard touchdown runs isn't it?

I would say Willie Parker is a proven NFL running back. He has what it takes. Will he be a hall-of-famer or a multi-year fantasy stud?? Well now those things are a little far-fetched at this point.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:37 pm

saundman2000 wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:

There you are again naysaying Willie Parker again. Did he steal your girlfreind or something?

It's a little hard to keep ragging on him as he's hanging C- notes and busting 37-yard touchdown runs isn't it?

I would say Willie Parker is a proven NFL running back. He has what it takes. Will he be a hall-of-famer or a multi-year fantasy stud?? Well now those things are a little far-fetched at this point.

Are you the willie parker police? Everytime CBM mentions him you jump him. I agree with CBM that Parker is still unproven but proving himself every game.

Besides Cado is from Liberty, when is the last time you heard the words Liberty University and Football in the same sentence?
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:52 pm

saundman2000 wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:

My reaction is a direct result of all the hype this unproven, undrafted, guy recieved after tearing up a couple terrible defenses early in the yr. Call me skeptical. And before you go on saying that undrafted RBs can do well in the NFL - my response is name more than 10 since the NFL incorporated the draft. The odds are simply stacked against him - its not like Im taking a position thats tough to defend.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:54 pm

just want to remind you guys this thread ISNT about WILLIE PARKER!!! :-t

If you want to start another debate about FWP start your own thread!!
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby benjapage » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:56 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:just want to remind you guys this thread ISNT about WILLIE PARKER!!! :-t

If you want to start another debate about FWP start your own thread!!

well, actually, it kind of is about willie parker if gado-gado is the next willie parker.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:57 pm

im just tired of hearing the same old things from the same old people....i dont care anymore!!!
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk