Samkon Gado - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Samkon Gado

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:32 am

Gado seems to be the starter at this point. Fisher has a rib injury that could sideline him for a while.

I would recommend picking him up in most leagues if you can. GB has an unfavorable schedule, but with all the RBBCs and underperforming RBs around the league - finding a feature RB for any team on the WW right now is probably a nice little victory.

I would be wary of actually starting him over the next few weeks (maybe against MIN in 2 weeks), but he seems like a good option for a bye week fill in if you are desperate. Expecting him to anchor your playoff run on the other hand - that would be a mistake.

Bottom line - pick him up, but temper your expectations.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby zombiez » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:09 pm

I could kick myself for not picking him up before yesterday...everything I read on the guy was positive. Then after watching the game, i was pretty impressed, actually had a ulp in my throat there for awhile, thinking he was going to get 100 yards..will be interesting to see how it unfolds.
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby jayday » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:42 pm

the thing that makes me so mad is yahoo doesnt have him in their database.....and with LT on a bye next week...and green bay playing the friggin' falcons D...i could use him... :~(

i bet he gets 100 and a td...at least...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby baseball6791 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:57 pm

jayday wrote:the thing that makes me so mad is yahoo doesnt have him in their database.....and with LT on a bye next week...and green bay playing the friggin' falcons D...i could use him... :~(

i bet he gets 100 and a td...at least...

I need him too, otherwise I'm stuck starting Mike Anderson and Antowain Smith or ...*gulp* Kevin Jones :-P
baseball6791
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tt1plzne1 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:49 pm

The Falcons' D is no pushover. Remember what they did to Vinnie and the Jets?
tt1plzne1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby George_Foreman » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:07 am

yeah, but that was against vinny and the jets.... not what one would call a "dynamic" offense. i'm gonna try to grab gado with both hands to fill in for LT this week.
George_Foreman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jayday » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:27 am

tt1plzne1 wrote:The Falcons' D is no pushover. Remember what they did to Vinnie and the Jets?

good grief...someone says this every week.....and i have to re-hash this every week.....the falcons pass D is alright, but sorry to say, their run D isnt so hot....check their stats man.....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:28 am

they are a quick undersized defense that can be exploited via the run. Gado should get decent numbers if he starts but i wouldnt expect too much.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:38 am

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:they are a quick undersized defense that can be exploited via the run. Gado should get decent numbers if he starts but i wouldnt expect too much.

dude...if he can put up 70 and a TD on the steelers...i know he can hang at least 100 and a TD on the falcons....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Lung » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:11 am

Atlanta run defense - 204 attempts against them for 943 yards, an average of 4.6 yards/att. and 117.9 yards per game. They have allowed 8 rushing touchdowns, and the longest run of the year allowed was only 24 yards - best in the NFL.

In terms of yards allowed per game, they are 18th in the NFL.
In terms of TDs allowed, they are T20th in the NFL.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk