Spotlight Game of the Week - Week 8 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Spotlight Game of the Week - Week 8

Moderator: Football Moderators

What is the Spotlight Game of the Week?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:43 pm

Arizona at Dallas
No votes
Chicago at Detroit
7%
Cleveland at Houston
2%
Green Bay at Cincinnati
2%
Jacksonville at St. Louis
No votes
Miami at New Orleans
No votes
Minnesota at Carolina
3%
Oakland at Tennessee
No votes
Washington at NY Giants
22%
Kansas City at San Diego
28%
Philadelphia at Denver
22%
Tampa Bay at San Francisco
3%
Buffalo at New England
8%
Baltimore at Pittsburgh
3%

Total votes : 60

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:17 am

Philly v. Denver is a nice option, but for my money you have to go with Washington v. New York... It's a division rivalry, and the winner is likely top dog in the NFC East.... It doesn't get any better than that....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby footballchick23 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:24 am

Plindsey88 wrote:Philly v. Denver is a nice option, but for my money you have to go with Washington v. New York... It's a division rivalry, and the winner is likely top dog in the NFC East.... It doesn't get any better than that....

Agreed...PHI, NYG, and WASH are all 4-2...game will definitely have playoff impact......
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:18 am

footballchick23 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:Philly v. Denver is a nice option, but for my money you have to go with Washington v. New York... It's a division rivalry, and the winner is likely top dog in the NFC East.... It doesn't get any better than that....

Agreed...PHI, NYG, and WASH are all 4-2...game will definitely have playoff impact......

And Dallas is only 4-3.... Likely 5-3 after they play Arizona at home this week....

The NFC East is such a tight race, I don't see how ANY division game in that division cannot be considered a spotlight game....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:22 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
footballchick23 wrote:

And Dallas is only 4-3.... Likely 5-3 after they play Arizona at home this week....

The NFC East is such a tight race, I don't see how ANY division game in that division cannot be considered a spotlight game....

But they all play each other twice a year. What is that...16 games total? (2^4) I think...I'm no good at math.

No one really wants 16 games from the NFC East as spotlight games. There is only 1 spotlight game a week. The divison is tight...but they'll be plenty of games later in the season..we're not even halfway.

I chose Philly @ Denver because Philly is still the class of the NFC, facing the 5-2 Broncos, who are home. These teams don't play each other...if at all.

Divison games are so commonplace.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby danleroi22 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:34 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:But they all play each other twice a year. What is that...16 games total? (2^4) I think...I'm no good at math.

No one really wants 16 games from the NFC East as spotlight games. There is only 1 spotlight game a week. The divison is tight...but they'll be plenty of games later in the season..we're not even halfway.

I chose Philly @ Denver because Philly is still the class of the NFC, facing the 5-2 Broncos, who are home. These teams don't play each other...if at all.

Quite right... Philly and Denver is the way to go.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby PACKman1144 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:34 pm

I voted Philly vs. Denver but none of those match ups are really, "I'm so pumped for this game" type games.
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:56 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:I chose Philly @ Denver because Philly is still the class of the NFC, facing the 5-2 Broncos, who are home. These teams don't play each other...if at all.

cough cough homer cough choke

I say the Redskins Vaginants, it'll be sweet to see homer the All Mighty Washington Redskins roll up homer another 52 points.

Division rivalries are the most important aspect of making it to the playoffs. Besides NFC is the toughest Div in NFL.

Define "the class" please.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:11 pm

Theres some good ones out there.

Skins v Giants should be a slobberknocker! :-]
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:18 pm

Redskins Win wrote:Define "the class" please.

noun: a major category in biological taxonomy ranking above the order and below the phylum or division

Either that or the fact that they won the division so many years in a row.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gladish » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:57 pm

Definatly the Philly/Denver game.

Denver wants to prove they are not going to slide into a mid-season slump (as they have done in the last couple of years)

Philly wants to prove they didnt get lucky last weekend against SD...you know..the best 3-4 team EV-AR!!<gag>

Key match-ups: Denvers LB Core vs. LJ Smith
Anderson/Bell vs. Philly D
Bailey vs. TO

Can Denver defend the pass?
Can Philly run the ball?
Gladish Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk