Commissioners' Opinions on this please! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Commissioners' Opinions on this please!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Commissioners' Opinions on this please!

Postby edanono » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:12 am

Just gave up on this issue after getting tired of hearing the whining from both parties involved.

I reviewed some trades between 2 owners over the last few weeks.

First one:
Team at 2-2 trades away:
B. Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)
W. McGahee (Buf - RB)
S. Davis (Car - RB)
B. Lloyd (SF - WR)
Philadelphia

Team at 4-0 trades away:
M. Moore (Min - RB)
T. Duckett (Atl - RB)
B. Leftwich (Jac - QB)
L. Fitzgerald (Ari - WR)
New England (NE - DEF)

Apparently not enough votes to reject it. A few other ok deals went through between these 2. Then, on a Monday team(2-3) trades Rackers to team(5-0) for Elam. On Thursday they trade back after they see ARZ is going into their bye. In the next week, the do the trade again.

After seeing that I had had enough and locked them from trading. After a couple of days listening to them cry about it and not hearing a peep from the other owners, I unlocked them.

No I will just refuse to get into any more money leagues with these two guys involved. Part of what the owner with the crappy team said really set it in stone for me. "If my team sucks, what's wrong with helping someone else out?"

Please tell if I was wrong to think that these deals where horrible and that this type of play should not be allowed in fantasy leagues. There is nothing I can say to these guys to make them see my side of it.

Thanks,
A very frustrated Nutzmissioner
DA Nono
edanono
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby logan » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:17 am

"If my team sucks, what's wrong with helping someone else out?"

that right there says about all that needs to be said. that is collusion plain and simple.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:24 am

Thats really too bad.

Is it your league - by that I mean, can you kick them out next yr? You dont have to make a big deal out of it - and I know that when dealing with friends in these situations, it can be really tricky to handle correctly. I wish you the best of luck in dealing with this.

When I say you dont have to make a big deal out of it - what I mean is your emotional actions. Simply tell them why they are not being invited back next yr when it comes up in conversation. " Sorry guys, some of the owners thought that you cheated last yr and have found replacements." Tell them the truth about why they are not being invited back.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby knapplc » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:27 am

That's a tough situation, but if no other owners are saying anything and you're on your own, you have to make the decision that you think is right. That's why you're the Commissioner. If they cry, they cry.

The only way you should lock teams from trading is if you think they are colluding. I'd say that definitely fits your situation. Stick to your guns.

I would also suggest that you find other people to play with next season. You don't want trouble like this.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Commissioners' Opinions on this please!

Postby jayday » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:08 am

edanono wrote:"If my team sucks, what's wrong with helping someone else out?"

agreed with logan....the guy is just looking to unload after realizing he wont win...

how much money is involved....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby danleroi22 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:15 am

Man... I hate the fact that so many commishes get caught in this kind of stuff... and owners hate us for it... but we're just trying to do our job.

I think this was collusion... I agree totally with logan.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:16 am

Collusion.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:35 am

logan wrote:
"If my team sucks, what's wrong with helping someone else out?"

that right there says about all that needs to be said. that is collusion plain and simple.

That's it in a nutshell. The players involved don't matter; if that's the motivation behind it, the trade shouldn't fly.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby edanono » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:28 am

It's a meager $10 league, which is another motivation for complaint since there is so little money in it, why should I be so strict.

In my eyes, if a dollar was in it, everyone should be held accountable and play honest. But no matter what, these guys don't see what they are doing as wrong.

The fact that we all are friends is why I give in on this one and just stay away from money leagues with these 2 involved.

I obviously feel your pain danleroi22. If these type of situations keep happening it could force me to give up being commish just to be rid of the headache. But the problem is I love it so much!

Thanks for the input folks.
DA Nono
edanono
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby logan » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:33 am

one of the leagues i commish is with all of my friends and we only play for a trophy. no way i let this happen and i've known most of them 10 years plus. it sets a precident that others may follow. if the trade is fair it's one thing but the first trade was pretty lopsided to begin with. after that comment i'd tell em if you want to do legit trades fine but if not i will veto all trades if someone feels the need to cheat in a FF league with people that are friends that is just sad.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Next

Return to Football Talk