Commissioners' Opinions on this please! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Commissioners' Opinions on this please!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ampant » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:59 am

It's obviously collusion, which is pretty much universally forbidden in FF. If guys are going to do that, why play at all? I might play a game of monopoly just for fun, but if I am doing well, and the guy who is doing poorly gives all his property and cash to another player, it sucks for everybody else. It could be a $10 league, a free league or a $200 league. It's cheating, and it shouldn't be done.

Football season only comes around once a year, so it's not like any of these guys can just pick up and start over. The draft already happened, and half the season has been played. It sucks when two people ruin something for everybody.

One thing you should do next year is write a simple league constitution setting the ground rules. If these guys are newbies, they may not realize that it's against the rules. But spelling things out clearly should prevent a lot of this from going on.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Commissioners' Opinions on this please!

Postby The_Dude » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:07 am

edanono wrote:"If my team sucks, what's wrong with helping someone else out?"

That, my friend, is collusion. The only way trades can and should be justified is if they are between two parties each owner absolutely believes they are bettering their own team.

You are in the right - they are in the wrong. Do what you have to do to uphold the integrity of the league and never let these fools play again.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Azrael » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:40 am

Definitely collusion. There should be no more trades allowed between these 2 teams.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby FatFoot » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:58 am

Did you take their money when they started, or do they have to pay at the end?

If you took their money, I'd be a hard guy about it and say "I don't care if no one vetoed. You just gave your reasoning as 'if my team sucks, why can't I help someone else.' I'll tell you why. Because that gives one team more roster spots than the others, and access to players that others do not have access to." I'd consider just giving everyone their money back, or freezing the teams that are cheating and running them myself through the end of the year, just to make sure they're being competitive.

Those 2 players WILL ruin your league. If the team that's benefitting from those trades wins it all, it's absolutely unfair to the rest of the league.

Here's your trade off. You either piss off those 2 people, or at the end of the season, when the cheating team wins ANY MONEY AT ALL, you get to deal with the rest of the league being pissed. At the very least you can get in direct contact with everyone else in the league, and explain to them that you don't want to hear it at the end of the year, when the cheater takes the cash. If they aren't going to object, then they can just deal with an uneven playing field.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Re: Commissioners' Opinions on this please!

Postby Dazedncnfz » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:12 pm

jayday wrote:"If my team sucks, what's wrong with helping someone else out?"

Did anyone feel bad for the Jets in real life and "help" them out? NO..same applys here...bottom line, it's collusion no matter how you slice it.

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk