The Bruschi effect? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Bruschi effect?

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Bruschi effect?

Postby drmoses » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:43 am

Anybody think that with him returning to the field, all Patriots are pretty good plays this week? This team is going to be jacked right up...
Steve Young is Jesus...
drmoses
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dazedncnfz » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:07 pm

he may only play a limited amount of snaps, so his affect on the D might not be as much as it will be in a couple of weeks...

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mystykoekaki » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:12 pm

TBH...don't think it will make a difference.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:22 pm

This has got to be one of the dumbest decisions by a player that I've seen. Has the money, has the rings, has a family. I'm all for love of the sport and such, but seems like he's got/accomplished enough that the risk would outweigh the reward.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pete123444 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:11 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:This has got to be one of the dumbest decisions by a player that I've seen. Has the money, has the rings, has a family. I'm all for love of the sport and such, but seems like he's got/accomplished enough that the risk would outweigh the reward.

Really, why punish your own body? He will regret this after 40, 50 and so on.

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby giants! » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:14 pm

He wont get many snaps this week and he might not even play at all. Definitely a stupid desicion by him
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106][b]Visit the new and improved GREAT DEBATES forum.[/b][/url]
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby houstonoilers » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:17 pm

Pete123444 wrote:
HskrPwr13 wrote:This has got to be one of the dumbest decisions by a player that I've seen. Has the money, has the rings, has a family. I'm all for love of the sport and such, but seems like he's got/accomplished enough that the risk would outweigh the reward.

I cant stand the guy but it probably because he is like alot of NFL players he just loves the game...crowd, money, cameras...RINGS
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby maddog60 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:45 pm

Pete123444 wrote:

While I had concerns about his health after his stroke, what makes you guys think this is a big risk?

He's been cleared by his doctors. If there really was a serious risk for him to play, they'd have never cleared him, because nothing like a being the guy who cleared a player who dies from playing or becomes a vegetable could sink their careers quicker. I think its safe to assume both his doctors and the Patriots have taken every precaution to insure he isn't risking life and limb more than any other player by stepping onto that field.

And given that case, I would love to see him comeback. Bruschi represents everything I love about football. He's the undersized, overacheiving star player who's all heart and then some, and it pays huge dividends in a sport of wills. I'd love for him to ignite that Patriots defense and win comeback player of the year.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:59 pm

Sorry, but Bruschi is a fool for coming back. Say what you will about love of the game and having a fire in his heart for football. What about his family and his life after football? The fact that his family approves of him coming back makes me question what his family must really be thinking. Why would anyone's family be okay with him coming back after what he's been through? That's just ridiculous to think that they're truly okay with him coming back after suffering from a stroke. In my mind, they're either lying and just telling him what they think he wants to hear or they're fools just like him for thinking he should be allowed to come back. I wish him nothing but the best, honestly. But I really think he and his family are making a big mistake. He's in his mid-30's, money in the bank and 3 rings. Only a fool would ask for more after suffering a stroke at such a young age.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby phunkadelic » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:41 am

He was cleared by multiple, multiple doctors. Who are we to second-guess their expertise without seeing one single CT scan or anything?
phunkadelic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk