The Bruschi effect? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Bruschi effect?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby jayday » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:32 am

phunkadelic wrote:He was cleared by multiple, multiple doctors. Who are we to second-guess their expertise without seeing one single CT scan or anything?

you're right...we shouldnt second guess the doctors opinions because im willing to venture that not many here at the cafe have been educated in the medical field...

BUT you can bet your *** i can second guess him, because you know why...its downright SELFISH of him to put himself at risk after going through this, and it sucks because i cant imagine what his family will go through each time he meets a fullback in the hole helmet-to-helmet....your stomach would have to just be in your throat until you saw that every player got up from the pile after every play.....he seems like he loves football more than his family, and that's sad :-t
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FFCrazy » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:06 pm

It's his decision.

Him, his family, and his doctors obviously have waaaay more insight into the situation than we ever will.

If he wants to play, and it's ok with everyone around him....why shouldn’t he?
FFCrazy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:14 pm

The Bruschi effect?

Is that where you have a helmet to helmet collision, arteries explode in your brain, and you die on national television while you family watches from home?

That effect?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bost0n » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:37 pm

He should do what he wants. I am sure he has considered everything at stake etc and has weighed risk vs reward. He chose football and I dont see why he shouldnt be supported.
irock
bost0n
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby saundman2000 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:43 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:The Bruschi effect?

Is that where you have a helmet to helmet collision, arteries explode in your brain, and you die on national television while you family watches from home?

That effect?

I guess in the eulogy, they could say that he "died doing what he loved to do".
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:26 pm

saundman2000 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:The Bruschi effect?

That effect?

I guess in the eulogy, they could say that he "died doing what he loved to do".

Yeah, and maybe they'll add in the part about how he left his wife and kids behind to grieve his untimely passing. How about doing what you should really love doing, like taking care of your health and family?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:11 am

Hey guys, breaking news for those of you who think he's being selfish and not thinking of his family. Just got this off of a reporter from ESPN who talked to Bruschi.

1) Him and his wife tried to find a doctor who would tell him he couldn't play.

2) They saw 10+ doctors who all cleared him, and afterwards Kraft made him see more doctors who all cleared him.

Bottomline: We're in no position to criticize this guy. He's a football player whose gone above and beyond to make sure all medical knowledge says he will not be putting himself at risk any more than every NFL player does.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby smackthefirst » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:27 am

Agreed. I'm not a fan of his or tha Pats but simply put, he tried to find anyone that would say he shouldn't play and couldn't. NFL players go through physicals all the time. If a doctor clears him, and in this case multiple doctors, then let the man do what he wants.

Yes we can all argue that he's being selfish and not looking out for his family, but this is football. I can sit here and say that about everyone in the league who has a ring and money. This sport is so physical that every single snap takes a huge toll on ones body. It just happens that Bruschi had a condition that caused the stroke, which from what I understand had nothing to do with football, and that condition has been corrected.
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby jzfran » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:24 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:This has got to be one of the dumbest decisions by a player that I've seen. Has the money, has the rings, has a family. I'm all for love of the sport and such, but seems like he's got/accomplished enough that the risk would outweigh the reward.

I agree, but reaeding the last post, maybe its okay. However, he has had a great career with rings and money. Why come back when the team sucks? Why not go out on top after last year?
jzfran
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FFCrazy » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:19 pm

Maybe because the guy truly loves the game and his team???
FFCrazy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk