Off The Radar - Week 8 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Off The Radar - Week 8

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:12 am

Paladyr wrote:*Most* leagues are 10 teams, 1QB. All advice given on this forum should reflect that if not otherwise stated. It's up to the people who choose to play in leagues where you start 2 QBs (which I think is retarded) to modify the advice and apply it to your own situation.


This really ought to be part of some sticky. It would save a lot of needless posts.

OBTW - Roy Williams may or may not play on Sunday, so my guess is that BMWs value would depend on that.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:58 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Paladyr wrote:*Most* leagues are 10 teams, 1QB. All advice given on this forum should reflect that if not otherwise stated. It's up to the people who choose to play in leagues where you start 2 QBs (which I think is retarded) to modify the advice and apply it to your own situation.


This really ought to be part of some sticky. It would save a lot of needless posts.

OBTW - Roy Williams may or may not play on Sunday, so my guess is that BMWs value would depend on that.


It would also save needless bickering over who's league is better, my 2 QB league or your 3 kicker league. Everyone plays in different leagues everywhere you go.

Anyway, BMW is going to be useless this week against Chicago, so I wouldn't even bother. I've got to think most leagues have guys like Stallworth still open who have much better situations this week than BMW. Yes, Stalls sucks. But the potential for one week is better. I'm banking on B. Jones from Tennessee to come through this week despite the injury.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4887
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Who?

Postby benjapage » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:11 am

sixxgunn wrote:
Yes, Stalls sucks.


does stallworth suck? his points scored ranks 21st among wr in my league.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 797
Joined: 26 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:17 am

benjapage wrote:sixxgunn wrote:
Yes, Stalls sucks.


does stallworth suck? his points scored ranks 21st among wr in my league.

b


What is the world coming to when someone feels the need to defend Donte Stallworth? This guy sucks. The ONLY reason he is even a blip on a fantasy radar screen this year is due to massive injury on that team, and he's not a very large blip at that. One huge week, 3 non-existent weeks. 1 average week, 1 below average week. That's his MO. Start him only when absolutely necessary and extremely favorable circumstances.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4887
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Who?

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:20 am

Yeah...Stallworth sucks...bad.

Must be your 1st year in fantasy if you are defending Stallworth.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5971
Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Illadelph

Postby benjapage » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:38 am

Sixxgunn wrote:
benjapage wrote:sixxgunn wrote:
Yes, Stalls sucks.


does stallworth suck? his points scored ranks 21st among wr in my league.

b


What is the world coming to when someone feels the need to defend Donte Stallworth? This guy sucks. The ONLY reason he is even a blip on a fantasy radar screen this year is due to massive injury on that team, and he's not a very large blip at that. One huge week, 3 non-existent weeks. 1 average week, 1 below average week. That's his MO. Start him only when absolutely necessary and extremely favorable circumstances.


take it easy. it's not a need, and it's not defense. i'm just curious why you're sandblasting him. he's averaging 8 points a game--same as jurevicius and ferguson, better than kennison, and almost as good as branch. none of those guys are breaking records, but they certainly don't get shat upon 'round these parts. sounds to me like you're placing stallworth well-below his proper rank.

edit: this deserves its own thread, so we can stop hijacking this one. http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/v ... p?t=192779

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 797
Joined: 26 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:54 am

Pete123444 wrote:I'll put my sleeper for the week in here too.

Andre Johnson WR. 140 and 2 TD's in a breakout game for him. Houston wins their first this week!
Isn't he still hurt?
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7511
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fairfax, VA

Postby Pete123444 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:49 pm

SniperShot wrote:
Pete123444 wrote:I'll put my sleeper for the week in here too.

Andre Johnson WR. 140 and 2 TD's in a breakout game for him. Houston wins their first this week!
Isn't he still hurt?


I haven't heard anything new for this week. If he is and he doesn't play, I'd say there is a good chance then that I am wrong.
Image

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Sweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2523
Joined: 5 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tucson Arizona

Previous

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 11:22 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact