CC's Top 32 Draft Prospects (also in Leftovers) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

CC's Top 32 Draft Prospects (also in Leftovers)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby PackerAttack84 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:08 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
PackerAttack84 wrote:CC, What do you think about Brian Calhoun and where he ranks? I've heard that he is possibly a late first round pick.

I've only seen him play once at Wisconsin so I am not sure how to rank him. I am fairly confident he will be back at school next year.

Thanks, I figured this was the best way to get an answer rather then the 4 pager over in the Leftovers. ;-D

Yeah, I don't really think he will leave, but some guy on a local radio station was talking about it. Both me and my dad agreed that he would make an excellent 3rd down back in the NFL, but we were not certain on how he would do as a #1 back.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ilsa » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:33 am

How do you think LenDale White stands up?
ilsa
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:39 pm

I would think that Lendale White would return to school to get a chance to be the stud in the backfield, if he comes out he is a 1st round pick IMO.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kevinoc81 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:35 am

So you think Brady Quinn will return for his senior year? I sure hope so, but he is getting so much hype lately and may even be a Heisman finalist. Wouldn't that make him a sure first rounder?
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:51 am

kevinoc81 wrote:So you think Brady Quinn will return for his senior year? I sure hope so, but he is getting so much hype lately and may even be a Heisman finalist. Wouldn't that make him a sure first rounder?

Not necessarily.... Jason White won the Heisman and went undrafted....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kevinoc81 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:55 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
kevinoc81 wrote:So you think Brady Quinn will return for his senior year? I sure hope so, but he is getting so much hype lately and may even be a Heisman finalist. Wouldn't that make him a sure first rounder?

Not necessarily.... Jason White won the Heisman and went undrafted....

True, but Brady Quinn is not almost cripple and doesn't have a puss-arm!

So is that your opinion that Brady Quinn would not be a first rounder this year? Next year? Or were you just pointing out that Heisman hype has nothing to do with being drafted?
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mustangs989 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:23 pm

I think if Brady declared then he would be a first rounder. I haven't really followed the situation on whether he would declare or not but I would tend to think he wouldn't.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:24 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:Or were you just pointing out that Heisman hype has nothing to do with being drafted?

I think that is what he was getting at.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby CC » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:19 pm

Brady would likely be a 1st rounder this year, and would almost for sure be a 1st rounder next year if he improves at all.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: CC's Top 32 Draft Prospects (also in Leftovers)

Postby MeanJoe75 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:00 pm

19. Ernie Sims, LB, Florida St.*
Sims has the talent to be ranked much higher than this. He is very fast, has decent size, and hits as hard as anyone else that you will find. He makes plays all over the field and should develop into a nice cover linebacker in the future. He has had off the field problems however, mainly a domestic violence charge over the summer for which he was suspended a game for. If he smartens up, he will be a great NFL player, if not, it is hard to tell how he will turn out.

32. Gabe Watson, DT, Michigan
Watson is an absolute load in the middle making him the perfect fit as a NT in a 3-4 defence. He occupies two blockers on every play and is a great run stopper. He helps every player on the defence by eating up blockers. Despite being strong against the run he is weak against the pass because of his size, were he to lose some weight he might be more effective. He has also struggled a bit this year, at one point being benched to give him a wakeup call. All in all, I think he will be a very solid NT in a Casey Hampton or Jamal Williams mold (poor-mans version of either).[/quote][/quote]

I hope these two can get there heads in the right place because I think both could be great NFLers.
MeanJoe75
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to College Football