RB situations in TB, Ari, Ten... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

RB situations in TB, Ari, Ten...

Moderator: Football Moderators

RB situations in TB, Ari, Ten...

Postby Wesley Walker » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:38 pm

Will Cadillac start getting the vast majority of the carries now that he's back? Or did Pittman do enough to assure himself at least half of the work? How do people see things going in Tampa?

Will J.J. Arrington start eating into Shipp's carries more and more? Could Arrington win the starting job before too long?

Could Brown's shoulder be Henry's foot in the door and could Henry now take over the starting job from Brown?
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby houstonoilers » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:47 pm

I like Pittman as just a third down back and I think that will be his primary duty.

I think Arrington will continue to improve...how could he not? I think he will be the starter before the end of the season if he can just show a couple of big plays, which he has the potential to make.

I think Brown runs to straight up for the NFL taking to many hits when he tied up. Henry has a bad taste in his mouth still from Willis and I think he will take his revenge out on Brown with acouple of GREAT performances.
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Kilroy » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:01 am

Caddy's the #1 in Tampa. Pittman will spell him, and get some 3rd Down Touches, but Caddy will (assuming he stays healthy) get 22-25 carries a game.

AZ is a mess. If Arrington can show ANYTHING Denny will give him the job, but that's a pretty good sized if.

Brown is an injury waiting to happen, and as it stands it looks like they're going back to RBBC. I think within a month Henry will be the starter in TENN.

That's what my crystal ball says, but it's pieced together from the remains of a 1966 Romanian school bus, so you may want to take it with a grain of salt.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Wesley Walker » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:38 pm

Any voices of dissent?
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:52 pm

I agree with what people are saying about the TB situation.

ARI is tough to call - you have a coach who does things a bit differently than what people think he will do, and a RB that still needs to learn the NFL game. My guess is that at some point Arrington will start, but he certainly isnt going to be a good fantasy option unless its a very deep league.

TEN - Brown is the better RB, at least thats what the numbers show when both were healthy at the beginning of the yr. Brown had better per carry numbers. The only way I see Henry taking over for Brown is by injury. This is a complete reversal to what I thought this preseason when I figured Henry would win the job handily after a few weeks.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TheDiplomats » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:53 pm

Supposedly, Arrington was sick during pre-season and lost 20 or so pounds. I think this is true because he looked so much better when he was playing for Cal. I think he will be a viable fantasy option within the next year or so..maybe towards the end of this season once he puts all his weight back on. But the Cardinals O-Line isn't anything spectacular so he will still probably have trouble no matter what.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby benm3218 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:11 pm

TEN - Brown is the better RB, at least thats what the numbers show when both were healthy at the beginning of the yr. Brown had better per carry numbers. The only way I see Henry taking over for Brown is by injury. This is a complete reversal to what I thought this preseason when I figured Henry would win the job handily after a few weeks.

Bingo.

Henry will not take over the job within a few months, unless Brown gets injured badly. Adding Henry to our roster was a collossal(sp?) mistake.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Football Talk