J. Porter << D. Gabriel?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

J. Porter << D. Gabriel??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby footballchick23 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:39 pm

ateam wrote:
footballchick23 wrote:
oldbutdeadlyone wrote:Any info on these guys...COME ON OAKLAND FANS>>>WHAT IS THE SCOOP>>>


Come on oldbutdeadly.....there are no computers in the hood!



Nice field goal attemt last week with game in the bag! ;-D


Yes, since I personally morphed into Kaeding and missed it! ;-D
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2787
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: San Diego-Born & Raised

Postby Kilroy » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:28 pm

footballchick23 wrote:
ateam wrote:
footballchick23 wrote:
oldbutdeadlyone wrote:Any info on these guys...COME ON OAKLAND FANS>>>WHAT IS THE SCOOP>>>


Come on oldbutdeadly.....there are no computers in the hood!



Nice field goal attemt last week with game in the bag! ;-D


Yes, since I personally morphed into Kaeding and missed it! ;-D


Hey, it could be worse. The only time I've tried to morph into in an NFL Player I screwed it up and ended up as David Carr. I still have flashbacks.....

THEY'RE NOT BLOCKING!!!! BLOW THE WHISTLE!!!! :-o :-o :-o

:-D
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

Postby footballchick23 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:01 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:Hey, it could be worse. The only time I've tried to morph into in an NFL Player I screwed it up and ended up as David Carr. I still have flashbacks.....

THEY'RE NOT BLOCKING!!!! BLOW THE WHISTLE!!!! :-o :-o :-o

:-D


LMFAO!!! How did it feel under the pile of Tackles and DE's? :-)
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2787
Joined: 6 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: San Diego-Born & Raised

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:28 am

Ive always been very skeptical of Porter. I dont think he is nearly as good as some would like him to be, in fact, it is not that suprising to see Gabriel having a more productive season than him.

Dropping him for Engram however is just as questionable - especially with Djax returning and Jurevicius emerging.

ateam - when you say you thought he would return to his mean - what mean were you talking about? The one from last yr where he had career highs in YPG, YPC, and tied for TDs - or the 34.3 YPG career average? Point is, the return to the mean theory suggested Porter would have roughly a 550 yd, 4 TD season - that is, if he played all 16 games.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby xbird » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:58 pm

I dropped Porter for Gabriel, for whatever reason, Collins is looking
for Gabriel over Porter. I look for a big game against my Titans.
xbird
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 984
Joined: 1 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Nashville

Postby Keyser_WV » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:40 pm

I think Gabriel has the downfield speed Collins likes.

I also think Gabriel will outproduce Porter from this point on.

He was on our WW and my WR's are weak. I feel like I might have plucked a guy from the wire that will end up in my lineup more often than not.

Gabriel is in his 3rd year so maybe he is starting to reach that 3rd year WR groove.

Only time will tell.

I think the raiders just re-signed Porter so I'm not sure how that will affect Gabriels long term value.
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 907
Joined: 4 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bushkill, PA

Postby DrSpackle » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:14 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Dropping him for Engram however is just as questionable - especially with Djax returning and Jurevicius emerging.


Well, Engram won't make or break my roster. But neither will Porter. In fact, Engram won't make into my starting line-up until he out-performs my starters -- Holt and Galloway. I did start Porter last weekend and he was out-performed by a one-legged Randy Moss and Doug "Don't Call Me Roman" Gabriel. I beleive Engram has more upside than Porter at this point.

BTW -- Porter is still sitting on the WW. I dropped him on Monday.
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 821
Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: atop Vail riding 3 ft of powder

Postby ateam » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:33 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Ive always been very skeptical of Porter. I dont think he is nearly as good as some would like him to be, in fact, it is not that suprising to see Gabriel having a more productive season than him.

Dropping him for Engram however is just as questionable - especially with Djax returning and Jurevicius emerging.

ateam - when you say you thought he would return to his mean - what mean were you talking about? The one from last yr where he had career highs in YPG, YPC, and tied for TDs - or the 34.3 YPG career average? Point is, the return to the mean theory suggested Porter would have roughly a 550 yd, 4 TD season - that is, if he played all 16 games.


In the last 2 seasons in which he played a full season, he's scored 9 TD's. This year he has none thus far. In fact in his 1st 9 TD campaign, he caught only 51 balls, he has 25 thus far. As previously mentioned, I feel Collins is just as due. I like his chances vs. TEN/KC upcoming ahead of Gabriel or Engram. I will start him Sunday ahead of Burleson in fact.
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1219
Joined: 1 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ateam » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:08 pm

Bingo! ;-D
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1219
Joined: 1 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jayday » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:15 pm

haha porter TD
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5459
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 14 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 13:55 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact