Make this trade? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Make this trade?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Make this trade?

Postby Ned » Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:40 pm

I have been offered Ron Dayne and Ray Lewis for Eddie George and Santana Moss. I also have McAllister and Alexander for RB. I don't want to make this deal, but he's a friend who needs offensive help and so I want to see if I can make a win-win deal. I have Finneran on the bench and can pick up Minnis as a FA to replace Moss, so my question is this: is the gap between Lewis and the next best defender (on my team probably Derrick Brooks or Donnie Edwards) equal to the gap between Eddie George and Ron Dayne? Should I offer McAllister instead or is he better than George? Advice?
Ned
Water Boy
Water Boy

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby slowkidz » Thu Aug 22, 2002 5:07 pm

I like George and he looks to be back to his old form (1999-2000). I wouldn't get rid of him...McAllister is an unknown, but I think he has great potential, as long as there is still a passing game to help spread the defense.
The gap between George and Dayne is a large one. You're looking at an every down back and a back up (over-rated back up in my opinion). Lewis is good and it looks like he may be Baltimore's defense this year, which can be a good thing. If I were you, I would try to switch George with McAllister and check the waivers for a replacement for Moss. Maybe Gardner or J. Green are available. I also think Warrick will be a good pick up as well...I don't see Moss getting much playing time until later in the season anyways...
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby SolarfluX » Sat Aug 24, 2002 12:06 pm

No way...

Dayne is a slug and Minnis is injured.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby n_tremain23 » Sat Aug 24, 2002 1:30 pm

NO WAY! You definately want to keep George,and play him,EVERY SINGLE WEEK! He looks to be the beast he was the season before last and he's goinna put up huge numbers.Dayne just isn't worth it.He won't get you any yardage.He's mostly just goinna get the red-zone carries now.Do not do this trade.
n_tremain23

Postby Ned » Sat Aug 24, 2002 10:14 pm

thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. I think I am going to wait on any trades until I have seen my team play a game or two to find out if I have any huge weaknesses.

In other trade news, some guy wanted to trade me straight up Mushin for McAllister %-6 not likely...
Ned
Water Boy
Water Boy

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk