no love for steve smith?

Postby ww stud » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:34 pm

sit and start: how could you leave him out
ww stud
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Dude » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:41 pm

normally I'm not a critic, but in what world is Marcus Robinson doing as a no-brainer.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Kilroy » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:04 pm

both excellent questions. I think the problem could be easily solved by replacing Robinson with Smith, thus making Smith a no-brainer and ignoring Robinson, which in turn restores order to the FF Universe.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby climbmda71 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:33 pm

MRob as a no brainer??????

Bwaaaaaahahahahahahahaah!!!!!

Do the jokers who write this even watch football???????

Sorry, but Smith not being listed, and MRob as a no brainer must be written by someone who plays in a Junior High JV cheerleaders league.

In my league, anyway, SS is the top scoring WR, and MR is #47. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

JMO.
Some people are like slinkies... They don't really do anything, yet you can't help but smile when they tumble down the stairs.
climbmda71
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Alkaholik » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:39 pm

You cant expect each Sit or Start to be perfect, everyone has their reasons and opinions and they will all be differnt, that is why i look at 304 differnt websites boasting their Sit and Start and then i compare them between each other and make my "executive" decision
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby climbmda71 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:50 pm

Alkaholik wrote:You cant expect each Sit or Start to be perfect, everyone has their reasons and opinions and they will all be differnt, that is why i look at 304 differnt websites boasting their Sit and Start and then i compare them between each other and make my "executive" decision

Absolutely, I agree completely..... but the definition of no brainer is... well... no brainer. I just don't see where MRob gets that, on any list. And to not even list the top scoring WR in football as a guy to start???

Not asking for perfection, but looking for a knowledgeable opinion.

BTW, if MRob is huge this week, and Smith goes something like 2 Rec., 23 yds., and 0 TD, then I will come eat my crow, and then bow down to the brain wizards and forego posting for the remainder of the season.
Some people are like slinkies... They don't really do anything, yet you can't help but smile when they tumble down the stairs.
climbmda71
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby milo » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:50 am

Brees has been a no-brainer for the past two weeks. Considering he isnt even a top 10 QB in my league I wonder. No brainer to me is he should start without even looking at the matchup. They also had Javon Walker as a no-brainer start week 2 after his injury.
milo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:32 am

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=192931

Please ask these type of questions in the Article Discussion or the Site Question forum. :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk