TO's Thoughts on Eagles' Offense - Throw it MORE??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TO's Thoughts on Eagles' Offense - Throw it MORE???

Moderator: Football Moderators

TO's Thoughts on Eagles' Offense - Throw it MORE???

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:34 am

Eagles | Owens Wants the Ball More
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 07:21:22 -0700

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports Philadelphia Eagles WR Terrell Owens said the team is not getting the ball to him and RB Brian Westbrook enough, which is part of the reason their offense is struggling. Owens is tied for the league lead in receptions (44) and is fifth in the league in receiving yards (609). Owens yards per catch is down almost four yards from a year ago during the same time period. He's averaging 13.8 yards per catch this year, compared to 17.5 after six games last season. There have been times when he has stepped out of bounds this year rather than fighting for more yardage.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:38 am

What a dork...Philly throws it like 78% of the time, McNabb is injured, and they have the worst running game in the league. Does he have some sort of big incentive in his contract if he catches 120 passes? Oh wait, it's just TO being TO. :-B
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby DrSpackle » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:46 am

I don't think I have ever heard an NFL WR say, "You know what? We should probably run the ball more."

Nor have I ever heard an NFL WR say, "Hey, I'm good. Why don't you throw the ball more to my teammate?"
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:02 pm

LOL, I thought their main concern was that they were throwing the ball too much and not running enough?

I think they keep doing what their doing, but try to run a couple extra counters and it will keep the D on their heels.

They should keep giving westbrook 5-10 short passes a game to mix the D up even more and it will help the run as well as open up bigger gains for westbrook on those short passes to him.

And while all this is being done it will open up owens for one on ones and bigger plays.

They really should just keep doin what their doin. its working fine.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby danleroi22 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:03 pm

Just TO being TO. Making headlines.
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby moonhead » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:38 pm

danleroi22 wrote:Just TO being TO. Making headlines.

TO should shut up and get his arse in the endzone twice this week. make headlines like that. Punk! I need a big game this week.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:56 pm

moonhead wrote:
TO should shut up and get his arse in the endzone twice this week. make headlines like that. Punk! I need a big game this week.

Good Call ;-D
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:02 pm

My fantasy team, the Longwood Legends, just issued their own press release:

Dear Eagles, throw it to T.O. more! We don't care about your team in real life but fantasy wise we need the points! Thank you.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:42 pm

I actually agree with TO on this one.

He and Westbrook are their best playmakers and they should get the ball more.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:52 pm

If you look, Westbrook hasnt had a td since week 3.

That can get u bye, but aint gonna help a football team to have your starting RB not have a td since week 3.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk