TO's Thoughts on Eagles' Offense - Throw it MORE??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TO's Thoughts on Eagles' Offense - Throw it MORE???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby eaglesrule » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:35 am

i don't think that they got "shut down" in the super bowl, and they did make it to the super bowl with that approach, so its hard to complain.

Does any team go undefeated? No. So basically three games out 25 (so far)? I'd say given their record under reid, no one other than new england can really throw stones about it.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JtotheF » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:06 pm

Perhaps T.O. should reword his statement - they don't necessarily need to throw the ball more frequently, just more accurately.

If Mc"Mybad" could do that, problem solved.
JtotheF
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby fantasizing » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:32 pm

TO is 100% correct. He and Westbrook make or break that offense. TO is a threat to score a TD on almost every pass he catches. Just look what he did yesterday, and yet he only had 3 receptions. As far as i'm concerned, he IS the best WR in football, no other WR can do what he does, including R. Moss.
And it seems the more balls you get to TO, the better he performs as the game goes on. Early and often. A. Reid knows this.

And Westbrook needs to RUN more to keep teams from blitzing the hell outta McNabb.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby fantasizing » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:35 pm

bagobonez wrote:I think Jim Rome said it best.

THey could throw the ball to Owens on every single play and it still wouldn't be enough. No matter who his QB is, he's not good enough. That's just Owens for ya.

Who's better? is R. Moss still better? S. Smith is having a once in a lifetime career year, is he better? I wouldn't even mention T. Holt and C. Johnson in the same sentence as TO.

TO is a proven superstar. Case closed. Just another TO hater out there talking garbage.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:17 am

fantasizing wrote:Who's better? is R. Moss still better? S. Smith is having a once in a lifetime career year, is he better?

I have to disagree here.

Smith had 1100+ yards and 7TDs in 2003 (plus another punt return TD) in his famed "3rd Year." After that, he broke his ankle last year. Suddenly, he's doing awesome again and it's a "career year?"

It's his fifth year in the league (and he missed an entire year due to injury). It's Owens' 10th year. Writing off Steve Smith is insane. All the dude has done is produce...and he's still very young.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:21 am

TO=Manny Ramirez

"TO being TO" and "Manny being Manny" are just excuses to keep an amazing loudmouth on your team. Turn the TV on when they play and turn the mic off when they talk.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:28 pm

fantasizing wrote:
bagobonez wrote:I think Jim Rome said it best.

THey could throw the ball to Owens on every single play and it still wouldn't be enough. No matter who his QB is, he's not good enough. That's just Owens for ya.

Who's better? is R. Moss still better? S. Smith is having a once in a lifetime career year, is he better? I wouldn't even mention T. Holt and C. Johnson in the same sentence as TO.

TO is a proven superstar. Case closed. Just another TO hater out there talking garbage.

I'd mention all the guys you did in the same breath. Without actually going and looking it up I'm pretty sure Holt has had a better start to his career than TO. Smith is THE best WR in football this year. And CJ is an amazing talent that is still very young with a very good young QB throwing him the ball. Lets wait and see what CJ can do in a couple years with a seasoned Palmer. TO has had, Young Garcia and McNabb throwing him the ball his entire career...you don't think that helps?
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby gogogadget » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:32 pm

I have noticed that he tends to run out of bounds even in the middle of the first or third quarters instead of fighting to get extra yards. That always makes me angry. He has shown that he can make people miss him, if he tries.
"When I know nothing, the possibilities are endless."
gogogadget
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby eaglesrule » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:46 pm

well, I don't think holt had to supplant jerry rice either.

This argument has gone on ad infinatum here.

moss, to are the best given their history and current production. I think smith, cj are appraoching that status to some degree. Holt is good, but he seems more of a yardage beast as oppossed to a scoring beast. and he isn't as physical as these other guys.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk