Calling all IDP experts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Calling all IDP experts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Calling all IDP experts

Postby SonsofSlam04 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:31 pm

Which of the following linebackers have the best chance to produce at a high-impact level the remainder of the way 2005?

Channing Crowder LB Dolphins
Shawn Merriman LB Chargers
Kawika Mitchell LB Chiefs
Pino Tinoisamoa LB Rams
Ted Brushci LB Patriots
Kirk Morrison LB Raiders
Danny Clark LB Raiders

Your thoughts are appreciated. Have a great weekend everyone!
SonsofSlam04
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Does anyone out there have an opinion

Postby SonsofSlam04 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:06 pm

Come on fellows, I rely on this site alot. I respect the opinions of just about everyone here - I will be awaiting for some insight. Thanks..
SonsofSlam04
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby RocketsDWM » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:09 pm

There might not be a lot of replies for the simple fact that not every fantasy owner is in tune with the defensive linebackers in the game. Its a homer pick but I would go with Bruschi. He is obviously a risky pick but when healthy (which doctors say he is) he is one of the best linebackers. I wouldnt be suprised if he returns to his normal form after a couple wks of games.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dazedncnfz » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:01 pm

I would rank them like this....

Top 4:

Channing Crowder
Kirk Morrison
Ted Brushci (potential to be #1 here)
Kawika Mitchell

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby slowkidz » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:12 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:I would rank them like this....

Top 4:

Channing Crowder
Kirk Morrison
Ted Brushci (potential to be #1 here)
Kawika Mitchell

you NE Homer you...lol

I like Crowder and Morrison...If you have the opportunity to get him, Lofa Tatpua (or however you spell it) is a good catch. He'll be MLB in Seattle for awhile. Channing is learning from the best in Thomas and Seau, plus he's picking up time as Seau's out, learning the WLB in the 4-3 and an extra MLB in the 3-4. Morrison is picking up a lot of time and he has a motor that doesn't stop. This kid I like. He doesn't get much recognition, but if you watch an Oakland game, he's always near the ball. IMO, I'd rank them like this...

Lofa T.
Morrison
Crowder
Mitchell
Bruschi - The reason he's in the back is b/c I'm still skeptical. He needs to prove to me he can still come back and play full strength. This is a stroke we're talking about...not a hernia. He worries me, but he has a great opportunity with NE's defense being banged up. High risk/High reward, IMO.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Pete123444 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:46 pm

The rest aren't even close to Clark(fantasy wise). He's your best pick here.

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Pete

Postby SonsofSlam04 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:15 pm

Pete are you serious about Clark? I thought Crowder, Morrison and Merriman had the most likelihood to succeed.
SonsofSlam04
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

a little help

Postby SonsofSlam04 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:41 pm

I am still waiting for an outporing of responses LOL .. A few more responses would be awesome - come on fellows..
SonsofSlam04
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Pete123444 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:51 pm

Last year Clark finished 7th among all LB's. This year he's been struggling but I look for him to pick it back up.

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby slowkidz » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:21 pm

Here's a closer look...Assuming 1pt/solo, .5pt/asst, 3pt/sack, 2pt/FF, 2pt/FR, 1pt/pd, 3pt/int

Clark - 6 games - 32 solo, 10 asst, 4pd = 41 FF pts
Morrison - 6 games - 34 solo, 17 asst, 1pd = 43.5 FF pts
Tatupa - 7 games - 35 solo, 9 asst, 2sacks, 1 int, 1pd = 49.5 FF pts
Mitchell - 6 games - 32 solo, 6 asst, 1sack, 4pd = 42 FF pts
Brushi - ???
Crowder - 6 games - 18 solo, 13 asst, 1pd = 25.5 FF pts

IMO, Morrison is the future MLB for Oakland. Right now he's playing whatever position they tell him to, and he's making plays all over the field. His assist tackles shows that much.

Tatupa is in the same position. This article sums up what I like about the kid. He's in a good situation and should be a great player in the NFL. He's already making a name for himself at MLB on a young defense.

Yahoo wrote:Tatupu making impact for Seahawks

By TIM BOOTH, Associated Press Writer
October 26, 2005
KIRKLAND, Wash (AP) -- When Mike Holmgren looks at Lofa Tatupu, he sees a representation of his Seattle Seahawks' defense: young, aggressive and only going to get better with experience.

He also sees a thriving rookie with football instincts passed on by his father, Mosi -- a player many scouts considered undersized and too slow to play middle linebacker in the NFL.

``He's new. He's young. He's athletic,'' Holmgren said. ``He makes a mistake now and then, but he makes up for a lot of stuff with how hard he plays.''

Seven games into his rookie season, Tatupu is firmly entrenched as the Seahawks' middle linebacker for years to come, shoring up a revolving door at the position during Holmgren's tenure. Since Holmgren's arrival in 1999, Seattle has started seven players in the middle of his defense. That should end with Tatupu.

The rookie is leading Seattle in tackles with 44 entering this week's bye. He also has a pair of sacks and an interception. He's part of a defensive makeover in the offseason that includes seven new starters.

``Lofa is a special guy. He understands football, he thinks football,'' said linebackers coach John Marshall.

Yet, there was plenty of doubt throughout the league when Seattle traded up nine spots in the second round of the 2005 draft to pick the 6-foot, 238-pound Tatupu, who left Southern California after his junior year with two national championship in tow.

The Seahawks looked past Tatupu's drawbacks. They saw the instincts on film, part of the lineage passed on from his father, who played 14 years in the NFL. Tatupu rarely made a wrong step, and was always around the ball.

But doubt is nothing new for Tatupu. He thrives because of it.

Tatupu was a standout quarterback and linebacker while coached by his father at King Phillip Regional High School in Wrentham, Mass. It was a trying time for both father and son, despite the success Lofa achieved.

``It was a struggle ... I'm a dad and a coach, and we'd be butting heads,'' said Mosi, who coaches at Curry College in Milton, Mass. ``I look back on it and it was great to be around him.''

Yet Lofa couldn't get a Division I scholarship offer. Both Boston College and Connecticut scoffed at his size and speed.

Tatupu went to Division I-AA Maine, where he was the Black Bears' second-leading tackler as a freshman. He still wasn't satisfied, still carried the dream of playing in Division I-A. Tatupu wanted to be closer to his mother, Linnea, who lived near San Diego. He targeted San Diego State, but the Aztecs would not offer him a scholarship.

So, Tatupu followed his father's footsteps and landed at USC.

``There is just tremendous talent over there and the coaching was unbelievable,'' Tatupu said.

With coach Pete Carroll willing to take a chance, Tatupu developed into an All-Pac-10 selection, starting all 25 games in his sophomore and junior seasons. His father wanted Tatupu to return for his senior year, perhaps making a run at the Butkus Award, but Tatupu felt it was time to help his family.

``My family was struggling a little bit. I'll just leave it at that,'' Tatupu said. ``But part of it is selfish, I'm not going to lie. I was thinking what more can we do (at USC)? I felt I was capable of making the jump and I didn't think another year was going to make that big a difference in being able to.''

In training camp, Tatupu split time with second-year linebacker Niko Koutouvides, but it was quickly apparent Tatupu could win the job.

He had a stinging welcome to the league when Jacksonville's Fred Taylor nearly ran over Tatupu in the season opener. But he sacked Michael Vick in Week 2, and had 10 tackles in Week 4 against Washington.

Tatupu has shown versatility, too. Due to injuries, he played in Seattle's nickel package for the first time against St. Louis, when he had nine solo tackles and his first career interception.

Holmgren also got a laugh from Tatupu's enthusiasm in that game. After St. Louis returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown, Tatupu begged to be put on the kickoff coverage unit.

It's just that type of fervor Holmgren hopes will continue to spread through Seattle's 10th-ranked defense.

``That will make a good movie some day,'' Holmgren quipped. ``But he's a pleasure to have around. I love the guy.''

Yahoo Sports - Lofa Tatupa
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Next

Return to Football Talk