Adrian Peterson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Adrian Peterson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Adrian Peterson

Postby moonhead » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:19 am

is so good. first touch in the game, goes 35 yards for a TD against the "black shirts" and the "9th ranked rush D".
A.D. it's good to have you back.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby knapplc » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:20 pm

Peterson is having a good game, but unfortunately it's one of the worst officiating crews in the Big XII that's having the most affect on this game. When ABC shows multiple replays on not one, not two but THREE blatant holds that either kept OU drives alive or allowed TDs, that's pretty sad.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:07 pm

agreed. i know of two major holding calls that were completely missed. i don't know of the third you're speaking. but i'm not surprised that there was another.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby VaderFin » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:49 pm

"Black Shirts" = Thing of the Past
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:12 pm

VaderFin wrote:"Black Shirts" = Thing of the Past

The tradition lives, but the players wearing the shirts sure have changed. I don't think one guy on this squad would have started in 1995 or 1997 for the Blackshirts. Maybe Bullocks, but I don't know if I'd put him ahead of any of those guys.

They're still young. Maybe next year.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:13 pm

moonhead wrote:agreed. i know of two major holding calls that were completely missed. i don't know of the third you're speaking. but i'm not surprised that there was another.

And I guess I can't just rip on this crew - I've seen bad calls made all over college football this year. It's time to hire full-time officials instead of these part-timers.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:44 pm

Agreed about the poorness of the officiating. I dont think I've seen an NU game this badly officiated since the '82 Penn State game. Callahan is lucky he didnt get tossed after giving the "throat slash" sign to the officials. They must not have seen it.

Another blown game by the Husker coaching staff. I get payed no money, yet I can sit on my couch, and call a fake FG, yet NU has no clue it might be coming. This is the second loss of the year that can be put almost squarly on the coaching staff. The other being TT. I'll also say that it looks like the pressure of the season is starting to get to Taylor. Had his worst game yet. Makes some bad passes at worst times. At worst this game should have gone to OT.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moonhead » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:02 pm

this game was a tale of two halves. ou beat the crap out of Neb in the first half. and then ou got exposed in the second half. i didn't think that taylor had such a bad game as much as he had a bad first half. callahan should have been ejected and will likely be fined. this is two years in a row he's been a total jerkoff during the ou game. last year he called us "a bunch of f**king hill billies". i don't think he's long for that job. he just doesn't carry himself in the way that I think the head coach of the Cornhuskers should. Osborne should have that guy run out of the state for disgracing the job that he made respectable.

:-t :-t :-t to bill callahan. real first class ass clown.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:53 am

moonhead wrote:this game was a tale of two halves. ou beat the crap out of Neb in the first half. and then ou got exposed in the second half. i didn't think that taylor had such a bad game as much as he had a bad first half. callahan should have been ejected and will likely be fined. this is two years in a row he's been a total jerkoff during the ou game. last year he called us "a bunch of f**king hill billies". i don't think he's long for that job. he just doesn't carry himself in the way that I think the head coach of the Cornhuskers should. Osborne should have that guy run out of the state for disgracing the job that he made respectable.

:-t :-t :-t to bill callahan. real first class ass clown.

Agreed. Although if you think Callahan is a jerk, you should meet the AD. I wonder how long Callahan is gonna get. Since he didnt/hasnt burned the redshirt on Harrison Beck, his options next year are Taylor, not a big time QB, or Beck, no experience Freshman. It already looks like us NU fans have to expect next year to be written off also. After that it'll have to be win or die. At this point I'm expecting death and NU blood back in at the AD and coaching levels.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby knapplc » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:20 pm

HskrPwr13 wrote:Agreed. Although if you think Callahan is a jerk, you should meet the AD. I wonder how long Callahan is gonna get. Since he didnt/hasnt burned the redshirt on Harrison Beck, his options next year are Taylor, not a big time QB, or Beck, no experience Freshman. It already looks like us NU fans have to expect next year to be written off also. After that it'll have to be win or die. At this point I'm expecting death and NU blood back in at the AD and coaching levels.

It's not that dire in Lincoln. I think having Taylor running the show next year is a great option - as long as we can get some WRs who can catch the ball and an O-Line that can block. The Bill Callahan Experiment is going reasonably well at this point, IMO.

Look at where we are - we've got a decent defense that's one or two playmakers away from being tops in the conference. We've got a QB who, once he gets into a rhythm, can throw as well as anyone in the country. We've got a couple of young RBs that can carry the rock in Lucky and Glenn, plus some exciting young receivers in Mulkey and Swift - not to mention a pretty decent TE in Herrian.

This is a team built on youth, still playing West Coast Offense football with Power Option personnel. You can see light at the end of the tunnel. If we show the same improvement from '05 to '06 like we have from '04 to '05, things will be all right. IF that happens we'll definitely be in contention for the Big XII North title and we could give anyone from the South a good game in the title game. After that it's a top-tier bowl and possibly a BCS bowl.

That's all contingent on the 2006 team showing more of the flashes of brilliance we saw this year in the second half of the ISU, TT and OU games. I see that as entirely possible. Probable? I don't know. But I like the direction we're heading.

By the way, Adrian Peterson is still really, really good. That's the original topic of this thread, if we all remember. ;-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to College Football