Thoughts on Reche Caldwell - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thoughts on Reche Caldwell

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thoughts on Reche Caldwell

Postby Shockers » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:19 pm

I remember last year Caldwell had a short run of good games that did not last too long. Is he finally healthy again? I notice that he had 4 for 97 last week and had 7 looks. It seems like when this guy is healthy he is the Chargers best WR. Brees was one of top QB's last year. Do they finally have their arsenal back?

What does anyone actually know about Caldwell?
Anyone here collect football cards??? PM me for some great trading sites online.
Shockers
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ljthockey » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:24 pm

I dont know much but he is extremely inconsistent. I dont see how you can call him the Chargers best reciever McCardell is having a great year and I dont see Caldwell's numbers coming close to Kennans.

Last week was Reche's first quality game this season his previous season high was 2 catches for 36 yards.

Caldwell might have talent and potential but he is way to inconsitent and injury prone. He is questioable this week with an illness.

He might come around later in his career but as of now I dont see him having any significant fantasy value this year.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Shockers » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:30 pm

McCardell has been the only option at WR to this point. I know it is hard to say that Caldwell is their best WR especially given that Caldwell has been playing through injuries to this point. If he is healthy.... all I am saying is that he very well could out perform Old man McCardell in the second half.
Anyone here collect football cards??? PM me for some great trading sites online.
Shockers
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mystykoekaki » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:05 pm

Reche has no fantasy value.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:05 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:Reche has no fantasy value.

I wouldn't say "no" but I would say "practically no".
This is not last years' team (and Brees' battle to keep his job against Rivers).
The '05 Chargers are ALL about LT, and the occasional look at McCardell.

My 2 cents.
~Wease
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:36 am

Rene's (oops, I mean Reche's) value bottomed out right about the time that "Old Man McCardell" got comfortable in the SD Offense (which didn't take long.)He may be old, but he ain't slow, runs good routes, and isn't afraid to go over the middle. Never mind he has great hands. (Got a soft spot for Keenan goin' back to his days as a Dawg...rose up off the practice squad to the Pro Bowl.)

There's just too many other places for Brees to throw the ball to make Caldwell any sort of fantasy threat. (Gates, Keenan, or the always popular dump to LT in the flat.)

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby footballchick23 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:12 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:
There's just too many other places for Brees to throw the ball to make Caldwell any sort of fantasy threat. (Gates, Keenan, or the always popular dump to LT in the flat.)

This pretty much sums it up....Caldwell is still pretty young (4th year)and SD utilizes most if not all of it's offensive weapons during a game. SD has the 2nd toughest strength of schedule this year, so Marty and Kam Kameron are going to have a different game plan every week. With Gates, LT, McCardell, and Eric Parker in the mix, Caldwell will get looks, but he's not really worth a spot on your roster unless you're in a really deep league or your roster is plagued by injury.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Football Talk