Marion Barber - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Marion Barber

Moderator: Football Moderators

Marion Barber

Postby Jimboozie » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:35 pm

I just grabbed Marion Barber in my keeper league.
I haven't seen him play much, what are the chances he could overtake Julius Jones as the #1 rb?
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bennett4prez » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:51 pm

As a Gophers fan, I say slim to none. Julius Jones is Parcell's boy and I think he will get handed the job unless Barber STUNS him with his ability. A nice pickup with potential, but I would definitely put my money on Julius bar none.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mysticphysh » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:05 pm

Parcells has little patience for players who allow injuries to keep them out longer then necessary. If Barber performs well, and Jones babies his ankle, there just might be a change. BUT, its WAY to early to make any kind of assumption on Barber's ability.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guru13 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:35 pm

no way, he wont bench JJ, your crazy if you think that, hes a stud, everybody gets an injury every once in awhile, especially RB's, so i dont see where there's a big discussion here, absolutely no way.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby unknownbreaker » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:50 pm

did you see barber's performance tonight?

2 TDs baby
unknownbreaker Beginner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:23 pm

Terry Bradshaw (who knows nothing) claims that Barber is going to be their starter at some point.

I stashed Barber on my bench today in a deep league where I own JJ. I'm not taking any chances with that situation since it seems as though whoever runs there can put up big numbers.

I just hope that Parcells doesn't make it a RBBC to try and keep Julius from getting hurt. :-o
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:21 pm

Barber was the #4 RB in the draft IMO, I thought he would go in the 2nd round. Cowboy's really HAD to draft the guy when he fell as far as he did... If you think about it, wasn't Julius the #4 drafted RB last year? Julius' job may not be as secure as some people think, because Barber has got some talent.

I'm just surprised that Anthony Thomas became an afterthought so quickly and Barber has gotten a chance to do something at all. J.Jones better get back quick, because if Barber keeps impressing, who knows what happens.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:57 pm

number 4 in the draft?? The thing about barber was that he was 25 and too old already to be a rookie. I think that may actually help him get into the swing of things quicker. He's probably older than JJ which is funny. Many people had fason/arrington higher than barber. Even Brandon Jacobs, I think.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Ducks4Life416 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:04 pm

Well, also keep in mind Minnesota University always churns out good RBs.

Though it isn't a hate on Barber, but some people think he's a product of the Minny System, or some people thought he was talented. It goes both ways. I didn't see Barber play in Minny though, so I wouldn't know.
Ducks4Life416
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby KoopaTroopa211 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:36 pm

If he starts, Barber's a good play. But I don't see him being worth much when Jones returns.
KoopaTroopa211 wrote:This is a talented team that under any other circumstances would be an absolute lock for their 4th championship, but I can't shake the feeling that the push for 16-0 will in the end be the undoing of this team in the playoffs.
KoopaTroopa211
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk