Marion Barber - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Marion Barber

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:46 pm

skibrett15 wrote:number 4 in the draft?? The thing about barber was that he was 25 and too old already to be a rookie. I think that may actually help him get into the swing of things quicker. He's probably older than JJ which is funny. Many people had fason/arrington higher than barber. Even Brandon Jacobs, I think.

I meant that I personally had Barber as the #4 most talented RB in the draft all other factors aside. I know that wasn't the consensus and he actually got drafted on day two as something like the RB#10.. But the point that I was trying to make was that draft status is irrelevant now that the season is under way and you don;t necessarily have to be a high draft pick to have the tools to succeed.

Everyone sees Julius as this workhorse stud RB, Parcell's guy, etc. etc. But I see a guy has never stayed healthy thus far in his career, who basically had the job handed to him last season because of the poor competition, and who isn't as talented as his fantasy stats make him appear to be...

I'm not saying that this guy isn't a solid NFL RB. But I wouldn't classify him as an untouchable stud, and I'm not sure I ever will. The longer he's out, the more likely he loses touches and/or the job to Barber IMO.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:34 pm

Ducks4Life416 wrote:Well, also keep in mind Minnesota University always churns out good RBs.

I think you mean The University of Minnesota and no, we don't. Last 2-3 years, maybe. But always? Not even.

Agree with the opinion that Jones' job isn't as safe as people think. The Tuna is notoriously exacting: he has his standards and you damned well better meet them. If not, he has no problem cutting the cord. And if he sees that Jones is missing one of the three essential ingredients to being a running back... Jones needs to get on the field and prove that he's ok (and not just clear himself and say he's fine). Or there will be no job to hurry back to.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Smee » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:08 am

I actually went to high school with Barber, I was a sophomore when he was a senior. He was absolutely incredible in high school and did well at the U too.

He started getting overshadowed by Maroney, but he's still talanted. I'm trying to be honest here, but I think he can be the product of a good system but never the STUD running back that can do it alone. He'll thrive in Dallas, especially with Parcells and that O-line.

If he stays healthy and productive there's no reason for him to lose his job to JJ. Worst case scenario I see is a RBBC when Jones is totally healthy.

Also, it's freaking weird having someone on your fantasy team that used to be in your woodworking class.
Smee
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk