Ravens Without Lewis and Reed? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ravens Without Lewis and Reed?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ravens Without Lewis and Reed?

Postby RC » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:53 pm

How good is that defence, without those two game breakers in the line-up?
RC
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:04 pm

I can't imagine it would be all that menacing. Reed is the best secondary player in the NFL, and even though Lewis hasn't been as good as in years previous, he is an emotional leader on the field.

We'll see how they handle the Steelers run game on Monday. If they can't stop it, I don't think they'll have much of a chance.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:15 pm

the D as a whole has been underachieving this year, especially guys like reed before his injury. if you would have told me preseason he would have 0 INTs this far into the season (granted he missed 2 games) i would have thought you were crazy.

ray has actually been playing quite well... him and demps have really been the only consistent guys they had. ray being out is a huge blow to that unit....not only talent wise, but leadership wise. everything on that D runs through him.

they would have struggled with the steelers this week even with those 2 guys...with them out...well....its going to be a long night for us ravens fans.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FatFoot » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:34 am

What's sad is to think that their offense might be better without Jamal Lewis. What a weird limbo-state to be in... a lot of talent and nothing that can be done with it. Hmm... sounds like the Bears. :)
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby maddog60 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:46 am

They still have the best CB duo in MacAllister and Rolle, but those two being out is being minus their best two players. See what happened to the Pats with Bruschi out and Harrison injured? Any competent offense will be able to exploit these losses, and since their offense seems incapable of scoring 20+ points, that spells loss to me.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Popcynical » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:39 pm

Hopefully Ward can grab 2 TDs off an injured Baltimore defense... I need it :)
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk