Jason Campbell's future with the Skins' - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jason Campbell's future with the Skins'

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jason Campbell's future with the Skins'

Postby ljthockey » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:45 pm

What does the future hold for the former all american quarterback from Auburn?

Brunell has been playing great but he is in his mid 30's. Ramsey had his shot at the starting job in Washington but blew it numerous times.

Will Campbell ever be a quality NFL quarterback? Will he ever start in Washington?
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:26 pm

next year: he's got a good chance. This year, he could see some action if the redskins lose the rest of their games (unlikely). But next year I think gibbs goes with brunell who has an equal chance of stinking it up like last year.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby maddog60 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:49 am

I think Campbell was a terrible pick, but he'll get his shot. Not this year unless the Skin's get eliminated from the playoffs, but Brunell isn't the future, and at some point, Gibbs will make the QB switch.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby VaderFin » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:53 pm

maddog60 wrote:I think Campbell was a terrible pick, but he'll get his shot. Not this year unless the Skin's get eliminated from the playoffs, but Brunell isn't the future, and at some point, Gibbs will make the QB switch.

I agree that Campbell was a terrible pick...especially in the 1st round. Brunell is 35, so while he is having a great year his days are numbered. Brunell's resurgence will allow Campbell time to learn and develop which he badly needs. Who knows, maybe Gibbs knows more then I do. ;-)
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jayday » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:40 pm

i really liked the campbell pick myself....i think he didnt get as much attention because he had caddy/brown on his team....

joe gibbs thinks he's good....he'll be good...
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby warrick95 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:25 pm

VaderFin wrote:
maddog60 wrote:I think Campbell was a terrible pick, but he'll get his shot. Not this year unless the Skin's get eliminated from the playoffs, but Brunell isn't the future, and at some point, Gibbs will make the QB switch.

I agree that Campbell was a terrible pick...especially in the 1st round. Brunell is 35, so while he is having a great year his days are numbered. Brunell's resurgence will allow Campbell time to learn and develop which he badly needs. Who knows, maybe Gibbs knows more then I do. ;-)

I agree that it was a terrible pick, too. I don't see him as anything special. Of course, I've always been a proponent for drafting for upside, which has its flaws very often. Campbell just didn't impress me that much. I think he was a product of the system and his superb RBs more than a great QB.

However, he was Gibbs' pick (unlike Ramsey) and they gave up a lot to take him. He is definitely the QB of the future. Even though Brunell's good performance this year will make them hesitate a bit, I believe that Campbell will be the starting QB as early as next year. He will be given every opportunity to win the job in camp before the 2006 season, IMO. I actually do not think they're going to make the playoffs this year, so it won't be that debatable. Remember that Palmer was named starting QB after Kitna led the Bengals to an 8-8 season. Palmer was the #1 pick, but Campbell is the QB of the future, just as Palmer was.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Return to Football Talk