Will Barlow take over this year? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Barlow take over this year?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby senseiosin » Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:32 am

Ahhhh Barlow, another example of rookie owners who read too much of that idiot Pete "the Prick" Prisco and Michael Fabiano with their preseason picks of breakout stud RB's. Anyone who has actually watched the 49ers knows that Barlow has been the "aire apparent" every year for the last 2 years. O:-) As long as Hearst is healthy which he appears to be, he will get the lionshare of the work and be the more consistent of the two in fantasy points. Consistency my friends is the key to getting in your fantasy playoffs. The #1 pay league Ive been in the last 3 years has each had a team who went either undefeated or only 1 or 2 losses in the regular season before being bounced in the playoffs because their players were good on paper and would crush teams by 50 pts one week but squeak out 2 pt victories most of the time. Ill give away two secrets in drafting, take players with easy schedules in weeks 14-16 (obvious), and when deciding between two guys take the one on the team that is projected to be on the playoff bubble (not so obvious) as they will be playing their studs every minute of every game till the final game of the season. If a team like KC runs away with the AFC west as it looks they might, dont be surprised to see Priest benched to save for the playoffs the last couple of weeks. :~(
The only thing we have to fear is.... another injured Denver RB!!!!!!!!
senseiosin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Dude_ffc » Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:30 am

Two big problems with your strategies. One is that if you are drafting by the previous year's stats it is very hard to tell who has the easiest schedule in weeks 15/16. Look at the Oak v. Bengals game last week. If that game was slated for week 16 this season. I may go out of my way to draft raiders using your strategy and would possibly lose because of it. Secondly, when you are drafting in August there is no way you can possibly know with any authority who will be on the play-off bubble - no way.
Anyway, defenses/offenses change too much during the offseason to be able to predict either one of your scenarios. If it works for you it is by luck or coincidence only.
It's also a little annoying for you to start your message calling those who draft Barlow "rookie owners". Congratulations for being such a mastermind.
"That rug really tied the room together."
The Dude_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:55 am

The Dude wrote:It's also a little annoying for you to start your message calling those who draft Barlow "rookie owners". Congratulations for being such a mastermind.

Agreed. I'm annoyed with the proliferation of "I told you sos" on this board.

I told you Canidate would suck.
I told you Priest was fine.
I told you LT wouldn't get the ball enough.
I told you Price sucks.
I told you Vick would get hurt.
I told you McNabb sucks.
I told you Barlow would never get the job.

Please, people, it's two games.
Transmogrifier
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby senseiosin » Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:25 pm

Dude, Im wasnt saying that Barlow sucks, I think he is a viable starting RB option but thats because of all the RBBC's out there the 49ers have arguably the best one. I was just responding to the guy who asked if Barlow would become the starter and take away Hearst's carries. He wont unfortunately for his owners, but still isnt a bad option as a #2 RB if your #1 RB is someone like Priest, Ricky, or Portis.... As for the schedule stuff, I didnt mean to make it sound like that was the end all be all. Its meant as more of a guide when deciding between two players. Anyway, my teams are a combined 4-2 which is very average so far, whatever thats worth. :-D
The only thing we have to fear is.... another injured Denver RB!!!!!!!!
senseiosin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk