Give out your Gameball - Week 8. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Give out your Gameball - Week 8.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Give out your Gameball - Week 8.

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:51 pm

Hard to overlook Steve Smiths performance today but I'm going with Gates, awesome numbers from the TE spot.
Last edited by Guttpuppy on Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kingctb27 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:52 pm

TO and Gates.... ;-D
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:55 pm

Personally: McNabb and bye week fill-in Kennison.
Actually: Can't go against Gates. Good weeks by Steven Jackson and Steve Smith as well.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:06 pm

I'm going with Steve Smith.

He completely owned Fred Smoot today.
There was a point in the third quarter where I seriously thought Smoot was about to break down and cry.
It was that ugly.
I seriously question the severity of Smoot's 4th quarter shoulder injury. I think he could have continued playing, but he just wanted off of that field... badly.

A dominating performance by Smith and great numbers; which would have been even better if it wasn't for Smoot's 4 penalties while trying to contain this guy. ;-D

Honorable mention: Gates of course.
Last edited by TTTBone on Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby warrick95 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:07 pm

Fred Taylor, what can I say. From wondering whether or not he'd play, to loving every moment of that 71 yard TD. ;-D

As for the NFL itself, I'd give the game balls to (I'll limit it to three):
Tiki Barber...206 yards rushing..could've had another TD if not for Jacobs...set the tempo in this one with huge bursts in a big win over a rival.
Antonio Gates...huge day in a big win over rival KC.
Jerome Mathis...who? Fastest WR in this year's draft class from Hampton catapulted the Houston win. Caught the only HOU TD of the game (his only reception), but more importantly, was superb on kick returns, averaging 35.4 yards per, with one for 63 yards. Every time I looked, Houston was starting in good field position...around their 40 with regularity. That extra yardage was critical to jumpstart the offense to its first win. Start positions off Mathis returns: HST 35, HST 44, HST 40 (led to FG), HST 17, CLE 40 (led to FG).
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:20 pm

Steve Smith and Brees barely won me a league this week over Delhomme and stupid Shanny's Bell end of game meaningless TD fest. :-°

Tiki OWNED Washington today. Gates ripped it up too. Taylor was good also.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby daullaz » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:40 pm

Tiki and Gates split the game ball this week, in my mind.

On my team, gotta give it up for Joey Galloway with a 78-yard TD and 149 yards receiving in all. Also props to Chris Brown for 110 combined yards and a TD; I sure am glad I started you at the last second.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby moonhead » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:45 pm

no love for my man steven jackson? huge day from him. and to think i was catching flak for using my #2 pick on him. suckers!
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby PACKman1144 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:29 pm

Gates just went nuts today. I gotta hand this thing out to him. 3 TD's, from a TE. My how this posistion has evovled! In a showdown between the leagues two premier tight ends, he showed who's boss.

I also want to give some props to the Texans. A W is a W. Nice job guys, getting rid of that goose-egg in the win collumn
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby KoopaTroopa211 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:31 pm

I split this week's game ball between Marion Barber and the Chicago Bears' D. Barber I picked up off the FA list yesterday, and scored 18 more points than I would have had if I'd started Ladell Betts.

Oh, and that pickoff returned for a TD in overtime by the Bears put me up for good this week.

Really needed both performances this week against the 2nd best/3rd place team I was facing this week. Good job guys. ;-D
KoopaTroopa211 wrote:This is a talented team that under any other circumstances would be an absolute lock for their 4th championship, but I can't shake the feeling that the push for 16-0 will in the end be the undoing of this team in the playoffs.
KoopaTroopa211
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk