FF Mid Season question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FF Mid Season question

Moderator: Football Moderators

FF Mid Season question

Postby FatFoot » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:58 pm

Is it normal for teams that are playing so-so to start ignoring their lineups at about this time of the season? Last week 3 teams in my league started position players on byes or injured... 2 of the guys may have legitimately not known... one had 1 guy on a bye and 2 injured players... he still won, too, against LT's owner. This week it looks like 2 teams didn't even bother logging in. It looks like both will win anyway... totally messed up.

What's the best way to handle these situations? Just don't rock the boat, and let people have matchups that should be automatic wins, or bug the commish? This is a money league, and most of the guys are friends... I just think some have the wind out of their sails after going 3-4, etc.

Does this affect me at all, in that I'm the point leader and 8-0? Should I just shut the hell up and leave people the perceived advantage? If it were closer, I'd be pretty pissed... I would have thought that teams that are still in contention (that really should be most teams, at this point in the year) would have a problem with the idea that other competitors could be playing against incomplete teams.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:12 pm

Being undefeated, its better not to bitch and complain. I would be pissed if this was a regular league, but you will reap the benefits of other owners being lazy and you can collect your dollars at the end of the year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:44 am

Let me see if I understand what you're saying here. Hmmm. blah blah blah, blah blah blah, I'm the points leader and 8-0.

Hey they paid their money, let them lose however they want. If any action is to be taken it should be after the season is done.

Congrats on 8-0, BTW. the Bears still suck though.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby FatFoot » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:53 am

Luckily the Bears suck a little less than the Lions.

And 8-0 is a luck thing, IMO. I didn't get hit by the injury bus. I mention it because it makes me the wrong guy to stir the pot, IMO.

Basically, these guys are all people I've known since high school, with the exception of a couple people who I've never met, who are active in the league. Since the top 3 places pay, and it's not a total points league, I thought it screws with the balance to have a couple teams ghosting. This is my first year playing FF (followed it before, but never played) and I'm just looking for input.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Vixtor » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:11 am

I agree you just let them lose in whatever manner they choose. As long as they are consistent (i.e. stopped adjusting roster at 'x' week) it doesn't matter. You might need to step in and say something if they are intentionally tanking some weeks and not others.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:54 am

I am commish of my league and keep a close eye on this kind of thing. 1st time = an e-mail asking what's up. 2nd time = e-mail with a warning. 3rd time = e-mail officially letting them know they will not be asked to play again next year. A league where everyone doesn't participate is no fun, and could get some teams wins that simply don't deserve it.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Cooner » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:32 am

Sixxgunn wrote:I am commish of my league and keep a close eye on this kind of thing. 1st time = an e-mail asking what's up. 2nd time = e-mail with a warning. 3rd time = e-mail officially letting them know they will not be asked to play again next year. A league where everyone doesn't participate is no fun, and could get some teams wins that simply don't deserve it.

good policy ;-D

It's always a pain when this is the case, even against you. But whatever happens, the commish should NOT step in and start managing the team for them. I've had a commish do this, and he (surprise surprise) started doing it immediately after his team played one of the deadbeat managers, and immediately before my team played one of the deadbeat managers (we were locked in a tie for first at the time).

It just gives an unfair advantage to the teams who played those teams in the tanking weeks.

One thing I don't mind though is teams who are unavailable for a week or two (vacation, business, having a baby in one league I was in) asking the commish to keep an eye on their team, replacing for injuries, etc. That's perfectly cool by me ;-D
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk