Jimmy Smith. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jimmy Smith.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jimmy Smith.

Postby matmat » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:22 am

I didn't see the game, but followed it online, seemed there were a lot of incompletions to smith today (it seemed like he was targetted a lot), but only a handful of catches.

does anyone know what sort of incompletions these were? i.e. was he defended well, was he dropping them or was Leftwich missing him?
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Blitzburgh2001 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:46 am

Leftwich kept overshooting him. He was open a lot, but Leftwich was way off target on several throws...
QB - Manning, Ben Roth, Campbell
RB - Henry, T Jones, D Ward, B-Jax, Betts, B Jacobs, Selvin Young
WR - Lee Evans, Colston, Driver, Cotchery, Brandon Marshall
TE - Heap
K - Elam
DEF - Chicago
Blitzburgh2001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:19 am

Good, I was starting to get worried that Leftwich was looking a different direction. Havent gotten much out of Smith lately.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Lushcrush » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:35 am

HskrPwr13 wrote:Good, I was starting to get worried that Leftwich was looking a different direction. Havent gotten much out of Smith lately.

Williford caught something like 6 for 150 and a TD, not a bad day.
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cooner » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:01 am

Willford got targeted a few more times than that as well... I'm a little concerned to be honest.

Are there any Jacksonville fans out there who have actually been watching games who can give a little more intution here? I've got a decent group of 4 WRs and am probably going to be sitting Jimmy for a week or two if Horn is healthy...
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MiniDitkas » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:56 pm

I live in jax. go to all the games and watch the others.

Here's the deal. Jacksonville is a run first team. Despite what the naitonal media says about Leftwich, the truth is he f'in sucks. Leftwich is an awful qb and if you watch a few games you will see it. He over throws everyone. has no touch. guns it like 150 mph from 10 yards away. Leftwich just doesn't have it.

With that being said, Jimmy Smith is still dropping balls. He drops a lot of them. Sure catches too. His good games earlier in this season are not an indication of how good he is. you can't go by his stats. Jimmy just isn't that good anymore. He still has speed, but has no hands. It's like he's scared to get hit.

Jimmy will still be the number 1 WR this year no matter what. Leftwich doesn't look his way as much anymore because of his drops. Leftwich likes to spread the ball around and go with the hot hand.

The Jags do have a cake schedule coming up, so maybe jimmy can turn it around. But from what I have seen, he is finally showing his age.

I love Jimmy, but it's time for him to go.
MiniDitkas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:58 pm

Just Picked Jimmy up for Martin.....I went for Smith because their schedule is a cake-walk, except for IND
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby houstonoilers » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:07 pm

I dont think its time for Jimmy to go. He still can produce great numbers.
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:36 pm

houstonoilers wrote:I dont think its time for Jimmy to go. He still can produce great numbers.

Yea tell that to his last three opponents and im sure they would get a good laugh.....
Cin 3-43 0TD
Pit 3-32 0TD
StL 2-27 0TD

I posted a big thing about it in the "OFFICIAL I Hate Jimmy Smith Thread"

This guy makes me sick. He has had TWO good fantasy games and ONE DECENT game and all the rest have sucked @ss!! Yea Yea easy schedule coming up, but he will have that easy schedule on my bench with people like Holt, Horn, Bruce, Jurevicious, and Engram starting ahead of him until he becomes consistent. Not likely. I just dont see why everyone is so high on him.

I tried to trade him so much after his couple of good games this year but of course no takers.

C-H-A-M-P-I-O-N-S-H-I-P
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby houstonoilers » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:48 pm

Just because he doesnt throw up great numbers every week for fantasy football owners doesnt mean he needs to quit. He is still averaging over 60 yards a game for the season along with 4 tds. One more thing, he is like 15th on my fantasy scoring list for receivers. I know you hate the guy, and thats fine, but he still deserves respect....IMO.
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk