Is it safe to say ... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is it safe to say ...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is it safe to say ...

Postby wrveres » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:26 am

That all of the pre season, McNabb v. Culpepper arguements are now officialy over? ..
wrveres
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:28 am

uhhhhh yeah.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:26 am

Yeah, they both suck. :-/

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby deacon » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:25 am

Mookie4ever wrote:Yeah, they both suck. :-/

Just curious, how exactly does McNabb suck?
Bacon is the greatest meat of all!
deacon
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The Lung » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:18 am

deacon wrote:

Seriously! For fantasy purposes, he's one of the best in the game. Fantasy-wise, he's had one bad game all year, the Dallas game.

Week Opp Comp Att PYds TD Int
1 ATL 24 45 257 1 1
2 SFO 23 29 342 5 0
3 OAK 30 52 365 2 1
4 KCC 33 48 369 3 1
5 DAL 13 26 131 0 0
7 SDC 35 54 287 1 2
8 DEN 12 34 283 3 2
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:19 am

deacon wrote:

If you watched yesterday's game you would not be asking that.

In the first half I think that he was 0-12 with an INT.

He finished off 12-34 283 ys 3 TD and 2 INT.
But his 91 yd TD to TO was a 5yd dump off that was all TO, same with the Westbrook TD. The TD to Smith was a good pass but so many of the misses were just inacurate. He got sacked and dumped many times but a lot of those were his own fault for not seeing the open guy, not noticing the extra man on the line or not getting rid of the ball.

McNabb is obviously hurt and the pass heavy play calling is not helping but in his last two games McNabb has played very poorly.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:28 am

I am sad to see Cpepp go - this season has been a lot of fun to watch as a Queens hater. }:-)
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:30 am

Mookie4ever wrote:He finished off 12-34 283 ys 3 TD and 2 INT.
But his 91 yd TD to TO was a 5yd dump off that was all TO, same with the Westbrook TD. The TD to Smith was a good pass but so many of the misses were just inacurate. He got sacked and dumped many times but a lot of those were his own fault for not seeing the open guy, not noticing the extra man on the line or not getting rid of the ball.

The key word is "finished off."

We're on a fantasy football site. Fantasy points matter. I don't care if McNabb was 0 for 100 for 0 yards in the first half if he goes for 400 yards and a handful of TDs in the second half.

Arguing that McNabb "got sacked" or his "misses were just inaccurate" (what misses are accurate?) is moot on a fantasy football site.

McNabb = Fantasy Football Beast....#2 QB in standard Yahoo behind Carson Palmer.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:42 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:Arguing that McNabb "got sacked" or his "misses were just inaccurate" (what misses are accurate?) is moot on a fantasy football site.

Ask Hasselbeck about last year.

BrutallyHuge wrote:McNabb = Fantasy Football Beast....#2 QB in standard Yahoo behind Carson Palmer.

Yes, he got off to a terrific start but in his last 3 games he has been the #24, #14, #4 QB respectively and has looked awful, being bailed out by Westy and TO to even finish that high.

There is no doubt that he is hurt and that he is not the #2 QB in reality right now.

If I coached an NFL team there are many other QBs I would want over him to start for me right now. In fantasy (and I have him on one team right now - just gave Cornbread Ronnie Brown for him) I am very nervous with him as my starter because I don't think that he will last all season and he does not seem to be improving.

Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby The Lung » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:43 am

While I hate to agree with BH, the truth is painfully obvious. Who cares how the touchdowns came? So what if TO ran 90 yards for a TD and Westbrook barreled through 3 defenders to score? In the end, McNabb still threw for 283 yards and three touchdowns.

Don't get "real life" and fantasy football mixed up. Just look at the stats I posted, man. The Eagles could lose every game for the rest of the season but McNabb, TO, and Westbrook are still gonna be fantasy gold.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Next

Return to Football Talk