Is it safe to say ... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is it safe to say ...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:53 am

Mookie4ever wrote:If I coached an NFL team there are many other QBs I would want over him to start for me right now.

Did you actually read what I wrote? I could care less whether you want to take other QBs if you coached an NFL Team (which you do not).

"Fantasy Football is a game played by Football fans where one assembles a team of real life NFL players and then accumulates points based on their statistical performance on the field."
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:55 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:If I coached an NFL team there are many other QBs I would want over him to start for me right now.

Did you actually read what I wrote? I could care less whether you want to take other QBs if you coached an NFL Team (which you do not).

"Fantasy Football is a game played by Football fans where one assembles a team of real life NFL players and then accumulates points based on their statistical performance on the field."

Relax skippy - we talk both in here regularly - especially in this forum.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:07 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:

Yes, I read what you wrote. Sorry man, I didn't realize that we were precluded from discussing anything else.

btw - nice how you cut up my quote to take out anything I said about his fantasy value. ;-D

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:24 am

I love how Mook's insight are so quickly brushed off by such short-sighted logic. The bottom line is McNabb hasn't been his normal self. You can't just look at the numbers. If you do, then you're missing the big picture. Because by those standards, you're saying you can expect Owens to take a 2 yard route 91 every week to bolster McNabb's stats, along with Westbrook doing the same.

The entire point of Mook's argument (at least what I got out of it), was that these stats aren't telling as to how he's been playing, and HENCE, why owners may not want to be putting as much stock into McNabb as some in this thread are, due to the fact that these numbers this week are not as accurate as they portray themselves to be, and may not be the kind we're seeing down the road.

No, it doesn't matter how the numbers get there, as long as they get there, but 91 hitch routes aren't exactly a weekly expectation, and must be taken into account when figuring what you can expect week in and week out. I mean, is it really that hard to grasp?
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby The Lung » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:39 am

Yea, I get it bigh0rt, but until that starts happening, it's a moot point. McNabb is still getting it done and that's all that matters. When all the incompletions start affecting his fantasy production, then we can say "Well, there's the reason." Until then, it just doesn't matter!
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:45 am

The Lung wrote:Yea, I get it bigh0rt, but until that starts happening, it's a moot point. McNabb is still getting it done and that's all that matters. When all the incompletions start affecting his fantasy production, then we can say "Well, there's the reason." Until then, it just doesn't matter!

I just prefer to be proactive rather than reactive, I guess.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:50 am

The Lung wrote:Yea, I get it bigh0rt, but until that starts happening, it's a moot point. McNabb is still getting it done and that's all that matters. When all the incompletions start affecting his fantasy production, then we can say "Well, there's the reason." Until then, it just doesn't matter!

Look at the stats that you posted yourself:

5 DAL 13 26 131 0 0
7 SDC 35 54 287 1 2
8 DEN 12 34 283 3 2

Over the past three games he has averaged

20-38-234-1.3-1.3

Is that getting it done?

In standard Yahoo scoring that is an average of 12 pts per game which puts him tied for #17.

He had great games against SF and KC when he was healthy - since he has been hurt he has been bad.

I hope that he gets better but as I said before I am nervous with him as my starting QB and if either Westy or TO get injured I would not hesitate to bench McNabb.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:59 am

I'm with Mookie on this one. Yes, this is FF, so stats are the main thing. But Mcnabb is in a bit of a unique situation with his injury, and we have to project his value going forward.

If Michael Vick was injured such that he could no longer run, it wouldn't make much sense to base his value on his prior games where he's run a lot. Likewise, anyone that has seen Mcnabb can tell that he is clearly not the same as he was preinjury. He has lost a tremendous amount of accuracy, and hasn't been able to scramble to buy time for those long passes like he used to.

Assuming this injury is not something that's just going to go away, I see Mcnabb falling drastically the next few weeks. Since the injury he has looked dreadful. He had a string of great games, then got hurt and had a mediocre game, a bad game, and a bad game turned good through some luck. This past game he benefitted from his defense giving up twice as many points as they have all season, and some good runs after the catch resulting in big plays on short passes.

He'll still be a worthwhile QB, but I can't see his numbers going forward being anything near what they were to start the year unless he magically heals up.

I'm sorry, but that is a poor approach to fantasy football. Aside from what Mookie pointed out, in that his FF production actually has been affected, we also get into the simple point of if you wait for it, then it's already too late.

Mcnabb makes a supreme sell high candidate in redraft leagues right now IMHO.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:01 am

Mookie4ever wrote:Over the past three games he has averaged

20-38-234-1.3-1.3

Is that getting it done?

In standard Yahoo scoring that is an average of 12 pts per game which puts him tied for #17.

He had great games against SF and KC when he was healthy - since he has been hurt he has been bad.

I hope that he gets better but as I said before I am nervous with him as my starting QB and if either Westy or TO get injured I would not hesitate to bench McNabb.

McNabb was injured in the first game of the season.

Why are you only using those 3 games in your averages?

I think I know why...please don't insult our intelligence.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:23 am

I love Eagle fans - especially after losing. They dont quite know how to react, so they lash out.

Its actually quite amusing. :-b
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk