Return to Football Talk

Is it safe to say ...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:33 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Over the past three games he has averaged

20-38-234-1.3-1.3

Is that getting it done?

In standard Yahoo scoring that is an average of 12 pts per game which puts him tied for #17.

He had great games against SF and KC when he was healthy - since he has been hurt he has been bad.

I hope that he gets better but as I said before I am nervous with him as my starting QB and if either Westy or TO get injured I would not hesitate to bench McNabb.

McNabb was injured in the first game of the season.

Why are you only using those 3 games in your averages?

I think I know why...please don't insult our intelligence.

God forbid that I insult your intelligence :-b

Sure McNabb was injured in the first game but it is a hernia, not something that heals quickly and it is actually something that can get worse. Some are actually speculating that it may require surgery (as stated by the Eagles med staff).

In week four he was sacked 4 times and beaten up and did not come out for the last series. He has not been the same since then.

The reason that I only put up the last three week is because that is when he has started to go downhill. I am looking forward and not swooning over his numbers from the first four games. He did great against SF and KC early but what is he going to do for me for the rest of the year?

I actually don't know what you are trying to say BH (maybe it's b/c you haven't said anything yet) are you saying that McNabb is a safe bet for the rest of the season? Are you saying that there is nothing to be concerned about? Are you saying that he has been good the past three games? or are you just saying that we are not allowed to criticize him b/c he was good for the first 4 games?

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:33 am

well for what it is worth, the hardest part of the eagles schedule is presumably over. MCNabb has some real cupcake defesnes on the horizon, st. louis, arizona, green bay. it all depends on if the giant and seattle d is legit.

let's not forget that the team has had its stretches of bad starts before, as has donovan. granted, the injury seems to be effecting performance, but more importantly, the fat man is effecting performance. teams know they are throwing. injury or not, I think reid coming to his senses will have more to do with things down the stretch.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Lung » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:43 am

Free Bagel wrote:Yes, this is FF, so stats are the main thing. But Mcnabb is in a bit of a unique situation with his injury, and we have to project his value going forward.

I'm sorry, but that is a poor approach to fantasy football. Aside from what Mookie pointed out, in that his FF production actually has been affected, we also get into the simple point of if you wait for it, then it's already too late.

Mcnabb makes a supreme sell high candidate in redraft leagues right now IMHO.

That's where we differ. If I projected his stats decreasing over the remainder of the season, you might have a point. But I don't envision a decrease. And even if they did, there are few quarterbacks available who are projected to exceed his stats. What free agent quarterback is out there who would outperform McNabb? Would you really trade McNabb and rely on another quarterback? I certainly wouldn't.

Peyton Manning has been a great disappointment as compared to last year. And look at his upcoming shcedule - his stats may stay the same or decrease for the rest of the season. Would you "sell high" and trade him for another quarterback? I doubt it.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk