Time for a Baltimore win. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

Time for a Baltimore win.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Time for a Baltimore win.

Postby SniperShot » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:02 am

Not counting the MNF game tonight:

Sweet Sixteen: currently out after week 8: 14 players, 8 of which had a bye.

Left in the championship:

2 players with 4 picks

20 players with 3 picks.

57 players with 2 picks.

80 players with 1 pick.

Total 159 players left IF Baltimore loses tonight…

If Baltimore wins which would defy reality how many sweet sixteen players would kick the can? Didn’t Houston have a tied game with Indy at halftime last week? Didn’t San Fran beat Tampa this week? If Baltimore finds a way to win this guess how many people would be done? You don't have to guess because I already did the research.

After sifting through the 11 pages of picks:

36 players would be cut… 36 lives hinge on this MNF showdown and I would be surprised if it’s a Steelers blowout like some people are saying. Baltimore always seems to show up on Monday night especially when it’s the Steelers they play. Should be a good game and hey: Anything can happen on Halloween night! Even if Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are gone the Ravens could still find a way to win... I don't know about you but I have 2 fantasy players and a defense in this game tonight plus I'll be rooting for Baltimore to knock out those 36 people. Wow I can't remember when my fantasy games were on the line plus there was this much pressure going into MNF. Big time game tonight hope it's a good one...

Go Baltimore!!
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:40 pm

Yep, a lot of guys' seasons hinge on this one game. I still think the Steelers will come through with the win, though...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby danleroi22 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:24 pm

My season hinges on this game... if the Steelers lose... I'm gone.

I am one of those fateful 36...

please... oh please.... Steelers, you have to show up and win tonight. :-o
Questions or Comments? Feel free to PM me.

I know that I've been given more than beyond measure.
danleroi22
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:54 pm

Steelers are 10-0 under Cowher at home on Monday Night.

The Ravens stink, and they are without their two best playmakers on defense.

I understand this is a division game, but with all the things given here, as long as the Steelers do not take the game lightly, they should roll in this game.

And yes, I only have one pick left also. This is starting to look a lot like last year. Here was my remaining pick breakdown last year:

16, 8, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 1, 0.

I blew it with one week to go before the life preserver and didn't use my bye. :-B The stupid Giants decided to tank a game they were winning by double digits in in the 2nd quarter to the Bears.

This year has gone like this:

16, 6, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, ? (hopefully 1).

If I make it to next week, I WILL be taking a bye and will take Indy to beat Houston to make it to the promised land. B-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:34 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:If I make it to next week, I WILL be taking a bye and will take Indy to beat Houston to make it to the promised land. B-)

I like that strategy Mercer...I have strongly considered doing that myself. ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:47 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:If I make it to next week, I WILL be taking a bye and will take Indy to beat Houston to make it to the promised land. B-)

I like that strategy Mercer...I have strongly considered doing that myself. ;-D

I had that in mind a long time ago as well...

shhhhh ;-)

although if I do survive tonight I'm going to be mighty tempted to hang on to my bye and go with the GMen next week...
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:17 pm

That would be pretty funny if more than half the players don't submit picks the week after next just to make it.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:31 pm

SniperShot wrote:That would be pretty funny if more than half the players don't submit picks the week after next just to make it.

You gotta bow to the almighty life preserver, man! Image ;-D

That's the one I've wanted for over two years now, and I'm not going to jeopardize it like I did last year. :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:42 am

That was one huge collective sigh of relief I heard at the end of the Steeler game. :-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SniperShot » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:28 am

What a game... Time for us all to look foward to next week where it gets more interesting...
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Cafe Games Talk