Time for a Baltimore win. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Cafe Games Talk

Time for a Baltimore win.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby pawnking » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:04 pm

Hypothetical question: What's the optimal number of picks you'd have if you could choose headed into week 9? Would that number change if you had a bye vs. if you didn't?
"I always try to play beautiful games" - Gary Kasparov
pawnking
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:47 pm

This is my first time playing the game so I've never seen how things go after week 8. I would want to have no more than 3 picks though because if you have too many you'll get stuck picking bad teams down the stretch. Hmm maybe 3 picks is too much.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Arlo » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:03 pm

pawnking wrote:Hypothetical question: What's the optimal number of picks you'd have if you could choose headed into week 9? Would that number change if you had a bye vs. if you didn't?

I wouldn't mind having 16... ;-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:15 pm

HMMM,,,,, Should I use my bye this week to guarantee a life raft or take the Colts?

Tough call but I will probably roll with the Colts. I want to hold on to the bye til later.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:45 pm

Jimboozie wrote:HMMM,,,,, Should I use my bye this week to guarantee a life raft or take the Colts?

Tough call but I will probably roll with the Colts. I want to hold on to the bye til later.

I would use it now, It Guarantee's you get the life raft.

Sure this might be the most lopsided game all year but there is a chance an upset could happen, be it the size of needle in a haystack.

Why kick yourself all year long because you didnt use the life raft to guarantee the win.

Good Luck
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:46 pm

Jimboozie wrote:HMMM,,,,, Should I use my bye this week to guarantee a life raft or take the Colts?

I would use it now, It Guarantee's you get the life raft.

Sure this might be the most lopsided game all year but there is a chance an upset could happen, be it the size of needle in a haystack.

Why kick yourself all year long because you didnt use the life raft to guarantee the win.

Good Luck
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Previous

Return to Cafe Games Talk