Mark Brunell and the Washington offense? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mark Brunell and the Washington offense?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mark Brunell and the Washington offense?

Postby deadlyshaolin » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:46 pm

Hey gang,

Just wanted to check in with you guys and see what the deal was this week with Mark Brunell. After so many strong weeks, he really laid a goose egg on me yesterday (negative 2 points in my $$ league).

Anyways, did anyone see the game? Did he look inaccurate/uncomfortable or did the Giants D just step it up ridiculously? And how do you think Brunell should be fantasy-wise for the rest of the season? He's up against some soft defenses in the future.

Peace out,
deadly
Pain is weakness leaving your body.
deadlyshaolin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby logan » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:49 pm

i watched a good portion of the game and from what i saw no one came to play that game. betts was fumbling the ball every time he touched it. the guy couldn't even hang on to a kickoff. portis was never a factor. brunnell looked bad but he certainly wasn't helped out in the least. people were dropping balls all over the place. cooley was injured and fumbled when he had no buisness being in the game. that was just one ugly game by that whole offense and defense.
Last edited by logan on Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:49 pm

Basically, the whole entire offense stunk. I must have seen at least 8-9 dropped passes from the backs and receivers, but I also saw several overthrows from Brunell. Portis never had a chance to do anything really because they ran the score up so high early.

Who knows what this means for Brunell the rest of the way. I know I would be leery of using him for a while because last year he totally looked like poo. They just got horrendously outplayed and played horrendously in that game.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:37 pm

I watched some of it and Portis got injured very early. I saw him crouched down on the sidelines and they were speculating that it was a concussion. Then the TE got hurt and Moss was double covered for the entire game. It just snowballed. The Giants played a flawless game.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:40 pm

Bad game all around, offense, defense and ST. Brunell will still be the starter. The problem that the O now faces is the Chris Samuels injury. This could have huge implications on Brunell's ability to succeed again.

I just wish I played the guy who started Moss and Brunell this week instead of last weak :-t
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lushcrush » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:50 pm

I found these Gmen-Redskins game stats on SI. They were tabulated in the 2nd quarter ...

Total offensive yards: 199-1
Offensive plays: 29-9
Average gain per play: a 6.9 to 0.1
Rushing yards: 146-6
Passing yards: 53 to minus-5
First downs: 10-0

Whoa ... not much of a start, eh?
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ball of goof » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:53 pm

one of the most complete failures of a pro football team that i have ever witnessed. the skins did not show up, offense, defense, or st. at one point of particularly inept play i momentarily wondered if they were throwing the game.

brunell never looked comfortable, but he cannot be blamed for the loss. as noted, there were numerous dropped passes which killed any semblance of a drive. next week's home game against the eagles will be a good test.
ball of goof
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk