Do any Minny players have value w/o Culpepper - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Do any Minny players have value w/o Culpepper

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:56 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I'll stick by my reasoning and say Fanall is wrong. It wont be the first time.

It's not Fanball...it's a quote from Mike Tice.

Mike Tice coaches Culpepper and Brad Johnson.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mystykoekaki » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:05 pm

Johnson is a better QB period. Johnson's first game he posted a QB rating better then Culpepper in four of his games! I really think you shouldnt upgrade or downgrade any Vikings yet until you wait to see what happens next game, you may be surprised.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:09 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:Johnson is a better QB period. Johnson's first game he posted a QB rating better then Culpepper in four of his games! I really think you shouldnt upgrade or downgrade any Vikings yet until you wait to see what happens next game, you may be surprised.

Agreed...I think Johnson still has the ability and the "head" to be effective, but if your o-line is worthless, there's not a QB out there that can be effective. We'll just have to wait and see.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mystykoekaki » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:12 pm

footballchick23 wrote:
mystykoekaki wrote:Johnson is a better QB period. Johnson's first game he posted a QB rating better then Culpepper in four of his games! I really think you shouldnt upgrade or downgrade any Vikings yet until you wait to see what happens next game, you may be surprised.

Agreed...I think Johnson still has the ability and the "head" to be effective, but if your o-line is worthless, there's not a QB out there that can be effective. We'll just have to wait and see.

Even if your o-line sucks, it doesnt help to have a QB that is indecisive and lethargic...and thats what C-Pep was.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby footballchick23 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:20 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:
footballchick23 wrote:

Even if your o-line sucks, it doesnt help to have a QB that is indecisive and lethargic...and thats what C-Pep was.

Yeah...I was gonna mention C-Pepp's, um, "intelligence", but I wasn't going to go there after the dude just tore 3 ligaments in his knee! You have the right since you're a homer!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Paladyr » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:22 pm

When I heard the news I grabbed robinson b/c I think his stock goes up.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bowie » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:28 pm

If the offense is going to be more conservative with Johnson at QB, wouldn't that favor Burlson over Robinson? Isn't Burlson more of a possesion reciever?
Last edited by Bowie on Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:29 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I'll stick by my reasoning and say Fanall is wrong. It wont be the first time.

It's not Fanball...it's a quote from Mike Tice.

Mike Tice coaches Culpepper and Brad Johnson.

no no - what fanball wrote and you posted compared to what Tice said are 2 COMPLETELY different sentiments.

Tice said:"the short passing game is what Brad is good at."

The part about Johnson being a "significant downgrade" and not having the arm strength are completely opinions - and thats what Im disagreeing with. The author at Fanball seems to imply that with Johnson, the passing game will suffer because of a lack of arm strength and a QB that does better with short passes - my question is who is he comparing him to - a downgrade from the most prolific dumpoff passer in the NFL? I think not.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Posse » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:53 pm

Fanball also wrote this:

Oct 31 The 49ers consider quarterback Ken Dorsey doubtful for this Sunday's matchup with the Giants, head coach Jon Gruden said on Monday. Dorsey suffered an ankle injury in the fourth quarter of last week's win over the Bucs.
Views: Alex Smith will be reinserted into the starting lineup if his knee can hold up. If both Dorsey and Smith are unable to play, Cody Pickett would get the nod.
Posse
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby houstonoilers » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:58 pm

See Fanball has all the news....They even know that Gruden is making 49ers decisions somehow.
Thanks Anx2a for the Custom Sig
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk