Do any Minny players have value w/o Culpepper - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Do any Minny players have value w/o Culpepper

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:00 pm

From the gamelogs it looks like Marcus Robinson might become the #1 target... I wouldn't rush out to acquire the guy, but Minnesota has a pretty friendly home field advantage and he might be one of those guys you can plug in at WR#3 every other week and get some production.

Have to watch the replay this week..
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Skyndalive » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:31 pm

I'm a homer also and I'm sorry Culpecker got hurt, but am excited about the possibilities of this team without him, finally.
He is a good athlete that can string together some amazing stats, but he'll never stand in there and win games consistantly like Elway, Montana, Manning.....etc.
Not smart enough......Not disiplined enough.
The race among the ruins.
Skyndalive
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby s0meguy » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:01 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:I would significantly downgrade all Minny players.

I can't believe that someone would say to upgrade the values of Wiggins, Moore, and Robinson. That really makes no sense to me.

Generally when you swap out a veteran for a less experienced quarterback, I've noticed this about the value of his surrounding cast:

WR1: up
Other WRs: down
TE: up
RB: down

The new guy generally either forces it to the WR1 or dumps it off to the TE. The defence stacks the run and tries to make him throw.

I don't know how that applies here though, as Brad Johnson is very experienced but just lacks talent.
Ragin Cajuns on year #4
s0meguy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Teh Jury » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:46 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I'll stick by my reasoning and say Fanall is wrong. It wont be the first time.

It's not Fanball...it's a quote from Mike Tice.

Mike Tice coaches Culpepper and Brad Johnson.

Mike Tice also coaches one of the lousiest teams this year and some of his players don't respect him after his antics earlier this year. Take Mike Tice with a grain of salt.
Teh Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ampant » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:46 pm

houstonoilers wrote:See Fanball has all the news....They even know that Gruden is making 49ers decisions somehow.

LOL
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby KoopaTroopa211 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:37 pm

At worst, this QB change has no impact. He can't possibly play any worse than Suckpepper has this season.
KoopaTroopa211 wrote:This is a talented team that under any other circumstances would be an absolute lock for their 4th championship, but I can't shake the feeling that the push for 16-0 will in the end be the undoing of this team in the playoffs.
KoopaTroopa211
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk