Cadillac's value going forward? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cadillac's value going forward?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cadillac's value going forward?

Postby bd0493 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:40 pm

He got shut down by my Niners defense this week, but then again so did Pittman. His starting job seems very, very safe.

The Niners were at home and have played better at home than people think- if you take into account they would've beat the Cowboys if it weren't for us choking on 1st and goal from the 1 and that we beat the Rams at home, too.

However, our run defense was a joke against Washington and it's hard to imagine that we could get that much better in one week. It must've been a combo of Caddy being injured, not playing well, and the O-line sucking.

Given all this, how good do you think Cadillac will be the rest of the way? Would you rate him above a guy like Domanick Davis? Can he get back to his stud self?
bd0493
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:37 pm

Cadillac is a guy to me that was a little overhyped after a few good games against pretty soft defenses (MIN, BUF, GB).

He hasn't shown he can stay healthy & has some tough matchups coming up the rest of the way (CAR twice, ATL twice, CHI).

I'd much rather have DD over Caddy.
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:57 pm

Cadillac will get one more start from me before I put him on the bench until further notice.

He gets injured before the bye and I'll let that slide. The team doesn't show up against the Niner's and I'll let that one go. But if he throws up another goose egg, it's over.

One more game to get it together Caddy... or maybe I should just play Tatum Bell? Oh wait, he's on bye.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Blitzburgh2001 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:09 pm

As a cadillac owner, I love to watch the guy play. He is one of the most gifted runners in the NFL right now.

But he is running behind a sketchy offensive line. He has had to create almost all of his yardage this season, and the prescence of chris simms could bring his production down even more.

If it werent for the fact that curtis martin is the only guy on my bench pushing him, he would not be invited to my starting lineup next week.

After detroit and San Francisco, performances where he avereged less than 2 yards a carry, its gonna take a solid outing against a half decent opponent before i can fully trust him again.
QB - Manning, Ben Roth, Campbell
RB - Henry, T Jones, D Ward, B-Jax, Betts, B Jacobs, Selvin Young
WR - Lee Evans, Colston, Driver, Cotchery, Brandon Marshall
TE - Heap
K - Elam
DEF - Chicago
Blitzburgh2001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk