Proper criteria for voting against a trade? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Proper criteria for voting against a trade?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Proper criteria for voting against a trade?

Postby lushmd » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:34 pm

Hi All, sorry for the trouble, but I am at a loss as to what to do re a pending trade in one of my money leagues. Usually, I wouldn't vote against a trade unless I suspected collusion or its really lopsided (which usually doesn't happen since the absurd offers are just rejected). However, in this case I am considering voting aginst this trade, which has is as follows:

Team A (6-2):
Brett Favre and Eddie Kennison

Team B (3-5)
Warrick Dunn

I doubt that the commisioner will object, as he manages team B. According to the commisoner, who is a buddy of mine (further complicating matters), the other guy (who supposedly used to play football in college but is an awful FF manager) proposed the trade. What is your advice? Should I vote against on the grounds that it is unfair (I do not suspect collusion)? Or do I let the manager of Team A hang himself? Thanks and sorry for the long post.
lushmd
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby matmat » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:05 pm

no veto.
why? kennison isn't doing poorly and dunn is semi-allergic to the endzone... favre is a wildcard in the trade.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FatFoot » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:10 pm

Post both teams' rosters.

It could be that the guy really fears the rest of Favre's season, especially in the playoffs if GB is mathematically elminated. I dislike Warrick Dunn for FF. In real life, I think he's pretty spectacular, but I think the only DEFINITE problem is that I would think the guy could do better than Warrick for that pair. But maybe not.

If the team trading Favre has Palmer or something like that, then this is totally within the bounds of "reasonable trade."
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby lushmd » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:32 pm

Thanks for the input guys. Here are the rosters:

Team A:
QB: B. Favre*, D. Bledsoe, J. Plummer (just picked up off WW)
RB: SA, D. Davis, R. Droughns, K. Barlow
WR: T. Holt, L. Fitzgerald, K. McCardell, C. Chambers, E. Kennison*, A. Chatman
TE: J. Shockey
K: J. Reed
DST: Chicago

Team B:
QB: K. Collins. M. Brunell
RB: P. Holmes, J. Jones, C. Portis, F. Taylor, W. Dunn*
WR: T. Owens, A. Boldin, TJ Housh, D. Mason, D. Stallworth
TE: T. Heap
K: J. Kasay
DST: Philadelphia, Atlanta

* denotes players involved in pending trade

From what I understand, the manager of Team A is quite worried about his RB situation and, as such, was willing to trade away Favre. Please let me be clear: I do not suspect collusion. It just seems quite lopsided. Team A is losing his starting QB and a WR that could be started for a decent but not great (FF) RB (especially w/Duckett back). Amusingly, this trade leaves Team A without a staring QB for this week (as both Bledsoe and Plummer have byes). On reflection, I am leaning towards not voting against (it is lopsided, but perhaps not too much so...).
lushmd
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Payne Dailey » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:48 pm

lushmd wrote:From what I understand, the manager of Team A is quite worried about his RB situation and, as such, was willing to trade away Favre. Please let me be clear: I do not suspect collusion.

It's not that bad of a trade. Let them manage their teams.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:34 am

i wouldn't say vetoable. dumb trade for both teams IMO but not vetoable.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby maddog60 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:46 am

lushmd wrote: Please let me be clear: I do not suspect collusion. It just seems quite lopsided.

Ok, you just answered your own question. If you don't suspect collusion, you should never even consider vetoing a trade. Vetoing for any reason other than collusion is bad, as you have to let others manage their teams how they see fit.

Also, this is not a very lopsided trade.

Furthermore, its not even for anyone of great importance. I mean, Favre isn't an automatic start for either team, Dunn won't likely start for either team, and Kennison is not a starter for either team. Essentially, they're making a trade to upgrade their depth in different areas. Its pretty insignificant to be lopsided.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Vixtor » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:51 am

I pushed through about 4 trades way worse than this as commish in a money league, it's not even close to rejectable.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GMoney » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:19 am

yep... no where near vetoable.... RBs are hard to get. period. hes trading a QB (he has 2 decent other options) and his like 5th WR (whos never gonna see the starting lineup) for a RB that has the potential to start on any given week.

Hell people do crazy things when they are desperate for RBs. I traded Torry Holt and his 10 mill salary to a guy for the rights to draft JJ Arrington and his 2 million dollar salary at the start of the year because all i had was Kevan Barlow at RB..... i guess i dont have to tell you how that one turned out.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ActiOnJunkie76 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:34 am

GMoney wrote:yep... no where near vetoable.... RBs are hard to get. period. hes trading a QB (he has 2 decent other options) and his like 5th WR (whos never gonna see the starting lineup) for a RB that has the potential to start on any given week.

Hell people do crazy things when they are desperate for RBs. I traded Torry Holt and his 10 mill salary to a guy for the rights to draft JJ Arrington and his 2 million dollar salary at the start of the year because all i had was Kevan Barlow at RB..... i guess i dont have to tell you how that one turned out.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know why you think this is a lopslided trade, Dunn is a upgrade over DD.... And the other guy gets farve who can throw 5 pics on any gaven sunday.....
Record 8-2-0 PF 960 12 Team Leauge
basic scoring
1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 DST

QB Brees/E.Manning*
RB EDGE*
RB R.Brown*/M.Barber/G.Jones/C.taylor
WR T.Holt*
WR R.Moss*/Engram/R.Brown
TE J.WItten*
K N.Reckers*
DST Bears*
ActiOnJunkie76