Browns changing to Frye, and Braylon going off? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Browns changing to Frye, and Braylon going off?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Browns changing to Frye, and Braylon going off?

Postby benm3218 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:00 am

Is Braylon Edwards about to go off?

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1130841095112770.xml&coll=2

I see him putting up starter quality numbers this week against a dismal Titans D......
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:12 am

I would immediately upgrade all Browns players. Look for all of the Browns' receivers to go for 100 and 1....Droughns will go for 150 and 2.

Putting in a previous backup QB will skyrocket the values of his cast according to people on this forum (see the Chris Simms' thread and the Testaverde thread and the Brad Johnson thread, etc and etc).
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby footballchick23 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:15 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:I would immediately upgrade all Browns players. Look for all of the Browns' receivers to go for 100 and 1....Droughns will go for 150 and 2.

Putting in a previous backup QB will skyrocket the values of his cast according to people on this forum (see the Chris Simms' thread and the Testaverde thread and the Brad Johnson thread, etc and etc).

LOL....BH, I don't think there's a mountain of salt big enough to compliment your comment!
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby benm3218 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:16 am

Okay..... your sarcasm is noted. 8-o
But, Edwards was showing alot of potential for a rookie, and it seems like it could only be an upgrade.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby logan » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:19 am

"All along, we've been looking at and talking about that position, and I think we'll continue to look at and talk about that position,"

way to enlighten us to the situation there romeo. guess he learned a couple things from his days under bill.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Halcyon » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:40 pm

I love Charlie Frye. I went to a whole bunch of his college games, I followed him before the draft, and I sat through interminable preseason second halves to watch him play. I even named one of my fantasy teams "Frye for ROTY."

But in truth, I have no illusions that he's going to be a great NFL quarterback.

Edwards is good. Frye playing would probably help him, just because Frye will look for him. But Frye won't make him great (except maybe against the Titans--lots of people are good against the Titans). I wouldn't rush to the waiver wire for Braylon just yet.
Halcyon Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:04 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:I would immediately upgrade all Browns players. Look for all of the Browns' receivers to go for 100 and 1....Droughns will go for 150 and 2.

You forgot about Cody Pickett (a.k.a the next Joe Montana).
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dave416 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:19 pm

9er Fan wrote:

Better than Ken Dorsey. :-o
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby logan » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:27 pm

dave416 wrote:
9er Fan wrote:

Better than Ken Dorsey. :-o

well to be fair alex smith was better than dorsey
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby JEWMAH9701 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:50 pm

Trent Dilfer is still starting this week. Romeo just announced it in his press conference today.

Although Charlie will get his chance and when he does he should be able to take advantage of it. This kid has "it" as they say.
JEWMAH9701
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Return to Football Talk