A break out game by Jerry Porter!?!?! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

A break out game by Jerry Porter!?!?!

Moderator: Football Moderators

A break out game by Jerry Porter!?!?!

Postby WesleyGator » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:43 pm

Up until this past Sunday Jerry Porter had a high of 68 yards and has had NO touchdowns all season. For most of us who drafted him in the early rounds it's been a great dissapointment, hell, I even dropped him in week 5 cuz he was too much dead weight on the bench. This past weekend he broke out with 123 yds and not one, but TWO touchdowns.

How can he be so down all season with expectations high and not break out until the 8th week!?!?!? ...and do ya'll think he'll keep it up or go back to being a dead beat warming the benches? Anybody else confused about his performances?
WesleyGator
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: A break out game by Jerry Porter!?!?!

Postby black_hawk8888 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:52 pm

WesleyGator wrote:Up until this past Sunday Jerry Porter had a high of 68 yards and has had NO touchdowns all season. For most of us who drafted him in the early rounds it's been a great dissapointment, hell, I even dropped him in week 5 cuz he was too much dead weight on the bench. This past weekend he broke out with 123 yds and not one, but TWO touchdowns.

How can he be so down all season with expectations high and not break out until the 8th week!?!?!? ...and do ya'll think he'll keep it up or go back to being a dead beat warming the benches? Anybody else confused about his performances?

No confusion here - that is typical Jerry Porter :-[
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:53 pm

So now Jerry Porter owners are 1-7?

P.S. Didn't the exact same thing happen last year?
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby gogogadget » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:29 pm

Tennessee Secondary had much to do with it.
"When I know nothing, the possibilities are endless."
gogogadget
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Wesley Walker » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:34 pm

"Break out" implies it will now be a somewhat regular occurance.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Paladyr » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:16 pm

i'm very skeptical that porter will keep it up, but I picked him up anyway. Maybe Moss will play the distraction role for a while and porter will benefit?
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ChoneJohn » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:24 pm

take a look at his stats from last year. he had a 3 td game in the second half last year. i'm not saying that'll happen again, but i'm hoping that he does pick it up for the remainder. he's been on my bench all season (fitz, horn, and s. smith are my starters), but it's nice having his potential there.
ChoneJohn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ateam » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:19 pm

KC this week, with Surtain poss. out, is a good bet for another good one.
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:26 pm

Porter was a guy who I had been enthusiastic about drafting in the mid to late rounds this year. I traded TJ Duckett for him in week 3 and I dropped Ferguson instead of him to salvage a bad bye situation early in the year.

I had been lamenting both the trade and the fact that I had dropped a more productive receiver to wait it out with Jerry for most of the season.

Then this week came along and Reggie Wayne had a bye and Joe Horn was still a game time decision on a 4:00 start.

Naturally, I was torn. Do I take a flier on JP in the hopes that this is the game he breaks out of the funk he's in? Well, I opted to give him the start, and he was my second leading scorer behind Jay Feely for the week.

He had 8 TDs in the final 6 games last year including two 3 TD performances and two 1 TD days. He might be a high risk/high reward play for the time being, but that's ok with me. I'll take a 4 point day here and there for the occasional 25 point outburst.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk