I have never come across this situation in a league before, so I am curious how other owners would handle it -
I proposed a trade a guy this morning and he said he is interested but needs one of his current players this week due to bye weeks. He said to propose the exact same trade next week and he will accept. I need the trade because I am desparate at QB with C-Pepp gone (if that doesn't tell you how desparate I already was...
) and would do it next week, but don't like the holdover. Would you:
A. Agree to trade next week and wait to make the proposal then
B. Cancel the trade and see what next week brings
C. Have him accept the trade immediately after rosters are locked for this week, so the outcome of this week's game doesn't change the trade
I don't like the prospect of just waiting until next week because if his guy blows up or my guy does down to injury the trade will be off. Obviously, this can go both ways with his guy getting hurt but I am taking that chance by making the trade in the first place.
Any and all thoughts are appreciated.
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."
- Homer J. Simpson