Major Trade Drama! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Major Trade Drama!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby N-Man » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:25 pm

the main thing that i dont get about you cafeholics is your opinion of a fair trade.

If you look in most leagues, the people who have LT (and Alexander) are very high, this is because they dominate fantasy football.

only a moron would do this trade, especially with Portis and westbrook's porduction this entire season. Take away the san fran game and portis really sucks. people have a right to be mad, they paid fifty bucks, did their research, traded to get waht they needed, and then they see some guy do a dumbass trade, give away the BEST player, best by a mile and 1/2, and receive two overrated backs.

i would be pissed, and i would raise a stink, even though the trade is not vetoable by typical veto rules.

also, the trade involves a kicker, who the hell trades for a kicker? That alone makes it smell a little fishy
life is like a box of chocolates. . .
N-Man
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby footballchick23 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:25 pm

Thanks N-Man...this trade is definitely not veto-able, but for the most competitive and hard-ass guy in our league to trade away his best player for 2 underperforming backs is kinda strange. The fact that he traded LT to his future roomate makes it even fishier...plus the fact that they were super defensive before the trade was even proposed!

Some people in our league made perfectly reasonable trade offers to him (i.e. one guy that owned SA offered to trade C. Johnson and "Healthy" Caddy for LT...the LT owner said only if it was C. Johnson and SA) that he rejected, only to accept the Portis/Westy offer.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:43 pm

N-Man wrote:the main thing that i dont get about you cafeholics is your opinion of a fair trade.

If you look in most leagues, the people who have LT (and Alexander) are very high, this is because they dominate fantasy football.

only a moron would do this trade, especially with Portis and westbrook's porduction this entire season. Take away the san fran game and portis really sucks. people have a right to be mad, they paid fifty bucks, did their research, traded to get waht they needed, and then they see some guy do a dumbass trade, give away the BEST player, best by a mile and 1/2, and receive two overrated backs.

i would be pissed, and i would raise a stink, even though the trade is not vetoable by typical veto rules.

also, the trade involves a kicker, who the hell trades for a kicker? That alone makes it smell a little fishy

You don't trade much do you? The kicker was obviously a throw in to make the trade even without having to drop a player. This deal is LT for Westbrook and Portis....definately NOT 2 top 10 backs btw.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:00 pm

They may not be top ten backs now, but the potential is there. Sometimes when you are desperate, you make moves based on potential, and hope that the matchups are favorable and will yield you a greater outpouring of points for the remainder of the season. I believe this could very well be the case, without knowing more about the individuals themselves.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:58 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:Stacked team means nothing! I was told I had a stacked team and guess what? I have lost the last three weeks. If one team has depth to give then by all means the trade is ok.

You keep starting Rudi huh?
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:01 pm

N-Man wrote:the main thing that i dont get about you cafeholics is your opinion of a fair trade.

Notice that guy also has Neil Rackers, basically THE stud kicker this year. And the other team has Nate Kaeding, a guy who has been battling injuries.

I think Westbrook and Portis is a fair deal for LT... even if the guy is buying low on LT after a couple "poor" games.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:09 pm

Look.

Shayne Graham is of no consequence because he already has
Rackers, who has had a bye and would be the starter anyway, so...

Portis and Westbrooks for LT?
Personally, I wouldn't trade LT for those two,
but it's still a pretty fair trade.

Tell the girls in your league to quit their blubbering and act like men!
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby The_Dude » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:18 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:BH...I think you need to start using these guys -> ;-7

For whatever reason, people cannot pick up on your high sarcasm factor quickly enough. ;-)

Maybe its a bit of sadism buried deep inside of me, but watching people fly off the handle to BH's obviously sarcastic remarks is one of my favorite cafe pastimes.

And to stay on topic - hey Chiquita, I think the trade is fine... it will likely improve the chances of winning for both teams, even though it does make the one team stacked. Its ok to be annoyed by this trade since it may decrease the chances of winning for others in the league, but its certainly not vetoable.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Previous

Return to Football Talk