Week 9 Start Sit - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week 9 Start Sit

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 9 Start Sit

Postby giants! » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:10 pm

My stab at it- feedback is appreciated

Start
QB- Jeff Garcia- the vikings d is flat out horrible and garcia could come up big in his first good matchup.
QB- Trent Dilfer- He will need a big game to hold off frye and it will come this week vs the titans
RB- Kevin Jones- in the same boat as garcia, expect his first big week this week.
RB- Tiki Barber- will continue inspired play for Well Mara and have a big week vs the lowly niners.
RB- Fred Taylor- showd no signs of injury last week and has another great matchup vs houston
WR- Santana Moss- Last week was a tough one for moss and the redskins but moss shoudl get back on track at home
WR- Mushin Muhammed- Orton finally had a real qb like game and has an easy matchup. expect him to score
WR- Deion Branch- tough matchup but always comes up big in big games
TE- heath Miller- great matchup( although matchup is meaningless for te's) is clearly bens most comfortable red zone targer
TE- Bubba Franks- one of only two reliale options for farve
DEF- Giants- get a lot of turnovers and points shouldnt be a problem vs the 49ers
DEF- Jacksonville- Houston flat out sucks

Sit
QB- Brett Farve- Pitt is a great d, and farve wont be turnover free gainst htem.
QB- Michael VIck- dont like him vs a saban coached d in miami
RB- Domanick Davis- Jacksonville will come back big after a letdown vs s-jax last week
RB- Curtis Martin- San DIego controlled kc suely they could control martin
WR- Marcus Robinson- dont be stupid enough to believe in a robinson-johnson connection
WR- Chris Chambers- he had just 25 yards last week againsta weak d. dont expecta td this time
WR- Keenan Mccardell- has been completely hit or miss, id expect a miss against ty law.
TE- LJ Smith- dont like the matchup with all the washington linebackers
TE- todd Heap- has done nothing at all, no reason to expect a change this week
DEF- Indianapolis- NE always finds away to score and stay with few turnovers
DEF- Baltimore- injuries and matchups are enough to sit this didsappointing d
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106][b]Visit the new and improved GREAT DEBATES forum.[/b][/url]
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Week 9 Start Sit

Postby Charlie24 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:21 pm

giants! wrote:TE- todd Heap- has done nothing at all, no reason to expect a change this week

:-?
Heap is fifth among TEs in yards and eighth in TDs. Granted, its far below what everyone expected, but it surely is not "nothing at all" compared to other TEs
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Charlie24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SniperShot » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:12 pm

Yeah Heap is pretty much a must start when healthy. I don't like the other TE bench either... I think L.J Smith is actually a good start this week. Skins LB's will have their hands full containing McNabb and Westbrook.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby jayday » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:18 pm

overall...nice list...i agree w/ almost every one....

i think i would add thomas jones as a definite start this week...the saints are in the bottom 5 of rushing yards and rushing tds allowed....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby moonhead » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:34 pm

interesting news on dilfer...

KFFL wrote:Oct 31 Marla Ridenour, of the Akron Beacon Journal, reports Cleveland Browns head coach Romeo Crennel is considering a possible change from QB Trent Dilfer to QB Charlie Frye. Crennel said, "I think we'll continue to look at and talk about that position. I don't think anything is set in stone about what we're going to do, how we're going to approach it. We'll do what we think is best. Whatever that is, we'll see." Crennel also said that he think starting Frye does not mean the Browns are throwing in the towel on the 2005 season.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby giants! » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:36 pm

Thanks for the input, what I meant was that heap has produced below expectations
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106][b]Visit the new and improved GREAT DEBATES forum.[/b][/url]
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ironhorse75 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:55 pm

F-a-v-r-e :-)

Engram could be solid if you've held on to him since the injury.
Ironhorse75
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Football Talk