Hines Ward Best all around - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hines Ward Best all around

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SniperShot » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:08 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Steve Smith has been amazing this year. I think he is the best in the game right now.

Anyone else think Delhomme has become the new (and much better) Jeff Blake? He's keys on one WR and they get crazy stats.

Steve Smith might score you the most fantasy points but I'd much much rather have a Hines Ward on my NFL team over a Steve Smith... Or are stats all that matter?

Hines loves to play the game of football and I'd bet he's awesome in the locker room. He always puts in the 110% on every play. He is there for the big play, he's there for motivating the QB. Half of Big Ben's success was being surrounded by great football players and Hines must be one of the best WR's in the game.

What makes a good WR? Does a good WR score long TD's and rack up yards like Randy Moss and T.O? So far Randy and T.O have been losing more than Hines this season... Isn't the NFL about winning games? Would you rather have a WR who can put up monster numbers but still do nothing to help you win a game? Sure T.O can catch the long ball but does he put 110% into helping McNabb? Sure doesn't seem like it off field.

Sometimes that 1 long TD isn't enough to help you swing the momentum like a "15 play set the tone" drive that Hines is such a big part of time after time catching the short balls... Keeping the clock moving is so important and do you tend to notice how many times Hines takes the hit instead of ducking out of bounds like most WR's? The guy is tough as nails yet looks like a kid playing the game... What's not to love about that?

Yeah for sure Hines is the best all around WR in the game.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk