Randy Moss... could be a big second half bust - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Randy Moss... could be a big second half bust

Moderator: Football Moderators

Randy Moss... could be a big second half bust

Postby dabearsaregreat » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:16 pm

Hes banged up and it's not looking good for his owners. I traded Corey Dillon for him and he hasn't done anything, and on top of this he has no trade value.... What do you guys think about him from here on out???
dabearsaregreat
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby giants! » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:24 pm

if he continues to play limited snaps hell heal yp quicker. best u could hope for is that he sits out two games and comes back at 100 percent
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106][b]Visit the new and improved GREAT DEBATES forum.[/b][/url]
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby s0meguy » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:41 pm

I think he'll actually do better if he gets healthy - with the emergence of Jordan and (maybe) Porter, he won't see triple coverage on every single play anymore. Plus, that offence has a lot of new aquisitions and young players and will naturally get better with time.
Ragin Cajuns on year #4
s0meguy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:42 pm

I dont think he will do any better, but i dont think he will do worse, i believe he will be bringin in the same "average" number, with nothing special
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby ActiOnJunkie76 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:45 pm

All I want is 80 yrds and 1 td, in weeks 15 and 16 from him, I also want a healthy Holt getten me his 140 yrds and td in those weeks!!!!!!!!!!
Record 8-2-0 PF 960 12 Team Leauge
basic scoring
1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 DST

QB Brees/E.Manning*
RB EDGE*
RB R.Brown*/M.Barber/G.Jones/C.taylor
WR T.Holt*
WR R.Moss*/Engram/R.Brown
TE J.WItten*
K N.Reckers*
DST Bears*
ActiOnJunkie76
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Wesley Walker » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:32 pm

Let's think logically about it -- Weeks 1-5 he was healthy. Week 6 he got banged up.. Week 7 he played banged up and scored anyway. Week 8 he played banged up and did very little.

He's averaging 4.5 catches for something near 85 yards per game, despite the fact that he's been banged up.. He's scoring a TD every other game, but if he's healthy that could obviously increase. AND he's averaging 20 yards per catch -- so in my league at least, that's 1 fantasy point every time he touched the ball.

The downside is that he's never caught more than 5 passes in a game in his Raiders career. The upside is that he's almost certain to catch more than 5 passes in at least a few future games.

He's been under-utilized and injured for the whole season now. I don't think the Raiders picked him up to throw to him 5 times per game. So once he's healthy, he's money.

It's academic though, since his trade value stinks -- his value to a team is as a starter, not as trade bait. Hold onto him and hope for the best.

Two good things:

1. He practiced Monday.
2. He faces KC this week and the over/under is 52 points.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Randy is Dandy

Postby johnrambo » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:11 pm

Last year, Moss playing while injuryed, was a joke. Okay so a pulled hamstring is a big deal but he is no doubt less than 100% the past few weeks. Even before the injury he did not look like the Moss of old. If you saw the Dallas game, you should remember when Randy caught a 60yrd bomb that should of been a 85yrd TD until T.Newman caught up and tackle him. Moss had at least 5 yrds on him. He didn't have the speed I was used to seeing from him.

Lamont Jordan has found his groove in Oakland, he is the redzone back that Moss never competed with in Minn. Collins doesn't throw the bomb to the back of the endzone like Cpep used to and difintely not as much.

This could be Moss 's worst year besides last year. That being said, no way you can trade him and get value right now so you have to start him every week. He is still a top WR and it is just unimaginable that he wont have a few more big games this year. Team will focus on the run the second half of the season and should lead to some multiple TDs games for Randy Moss.
" Who can make a play? T.O. can make a play." T.Owens
johnrambo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:15 am

I have a real hard time thinking now is the time to sell on Moss - if anything, he is probably one of the biggest buy low candidates out there currently.

Injuries are extremely tough to predict. !+)
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:57 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I have a real hard time thinking now is the time to sell on Moss - if anything, he is probably one of the biggest buy low candidates out there currently.

Injuries are extremely tough to predict. !+)

I hope to hell you're right on this one CBM (been right on one or two that don't involve the Leos so far) because I just acquired Moss, Randy for Dunn, Warrick in my $$ league...

WRs go from
Holt (week10)
Gabriel
Hall or Muhammad

to
Holt (week10)
Moss
Hall or Muhammad

and my RBs are now
Parker
Jordan
LJ or Chester (this is a flex so I could conceivably start neither and slap another WR in there)

I think I improved but Moss' injury history has me worried a bit...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk