Kevin Curtis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kevin Curtis

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kevin Curtis

Postby bmd » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:49 pm

With Holt coming back after the buy and Bruce eventually returning, what do you think of Curtis the rest of the way? Will he be a solid #2 receiver down the stretch?
bmd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:13 pm

If Bruce is back healthy, then Curtis obviously takes a hit. I'd still rank him as a viable #3 WR in fantasy.

I seriously doubt he'd be a starter if Holt/Bruce are there. But, there's always a chance he'll be involved in the Rams offense because of their passing style. So far this year, he's only had one game where he failed to reach 50 yards receiving (week 2). Bruce has essentially been out since week 3, so we won't know his real role until he's back in. Is he the Brandon Stokley of '05? :-? I'd say he's got a good chance.

I have to assume he won't get as many looks, so I'm trying to sell him right now hoping someone thinks he'll keep the same value the rest of the year.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:09 pm

I would trade him for a guy like Joe Jurevicious if I could.

As the season goes on and Holt comes back and Bruce comes back closer to the playoffs, Curtis value dwindles from a fantasy WR#2 all the way down to a WR#4 IMO. IF you can lock in that WR#2 value right now, by all means do it.

This guy is a WR#3 who has become a WR#1 due to injuries. Normally that's a great situation to be in, but Holt and Bruce as so established as the 1/2 for the Ram's that they will get their jobs handed back once they return. With the bye this week and extra time to recover I think Holt will be back for sure and Bruce has a good chance to return to the lineup as well.

If you can't get good value for Curtis, hang onto him on the chance that either of Holt or Bruce's injuries are more serious than they appear.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby benjapage » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:34 pm

Kensat30 wrote:If you can't get good value for Curtis, hang onto him on the chance that either of Holt or Bruce's injuries are more serious than they appear.

this is the part where i agree with you. i would say that most people still think comparatively little of this guy. important to remember that even when bruce was starting (through those first 2-and-a-half games) that curtis was getting more looks.

lastly, bruce has turf toe, which doesn't just magically go away until after months of rest. it will linger. what's more, curtis has established himself as a major player in a powerful, pass-first offense with an easy schedule.

remember, even on the off-chance that holt and bruce both get 100% and effectively resume their duties as the #1 and #2, the #3 wr is a huge role in the rams offense. this makes curtis--at worst--a strong #2 for your fantasy squad.

i just don't think you're going to be able to trade him for what his true value will bear by season's end.

b
benjapage
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bunko » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:54 pm

Wow man you nailed it!!!

Curtis has thus far been the savior of my receiving corps and my team.

I'm more worried about the rams running game now with Martz gone than I am about Bruce coming back though.
Bunko
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk