Cowboys RB Anthony Thomas cut - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cowboys RB Anthony Thomas cut

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:32 am

Droughns was just arrested for drunk driving, so Cleveland isn't out of the picture. But I agree, both Thomas and the Packers would be crazy not to work out a deal. Thomas knows the Bears, giving him an edge right off, and I think he would be a good fit and something to build around (along with Rodgers) if the Pack chooses to do so. I'm actually hoping he goes there, as I can snag him easily in the next week or so, and possibly have a decent #2 or at worst a flex player and it won't cost me a thing.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:40 am

So whats the over/under on ATrain getting signed to a new team?

Call it 4 days - over/under?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Keyser_WV » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:26 am

I'll take under.

GB or Philly
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:29 am

If I were GB, I'd take a chance on the A-Train.

Choo-Choo!
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:05 am

i wanted philly to take him pre-season.

he isn't really "good" per se, and his ypc is not good. But he seems like he must have a high % of guranteed 2 and 3 yard carries, which is what I think the eagles need. they shouldn't be passing as much as they do on 3rd and short. Or the STUPID pass on 4th and one.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby knapplc » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:25 am

I'd have to say over four days. You guys mention several teams that could use a decent RB, but I have to think that if he was at all decent the 'Boys could have gotten something for him out of a trade before the deadline. There's something wrong with his game this year.

I'd bet he gets picked up as a backup somewhere, but I dont' think teams are falling all over themselves to grab him.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:27 am

a little tough to trade in the nfl. And if other teams suspect you are going to cut the person anyway, they won't trade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moonhead » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:33 am

Atrain is a proven talent. He's got skills, he can play for GB or Philly, or Arizona, or Cleveland...but I think Minnesota should pick him up. I like mewelde, but let's be honest, he's a bit frail. i guess they already have a "bruiser" in moe, but atrain could be an every down back.
I'd really like to pick him up if he goes somewhere to be the #1 guy. I can't believe the chowboys would drop a talent like that...but, I think he had been a bit of a malcontent complaining about touches and what not. So, go get on a team Atrain, and help me win a championship.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby FatFoot » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:19 pm

Sixxgunn wrote: Thomas knows the Bears, giving him an edge right off, and I think he would be a good fit and something to build around (along with Rodgers) if the Pack chooses to do so.

The Bears don't even know the Bears, with all of the personel and coaching changeups. I would bet that Green Bay knows more about the Bears, THIS YEAR, due to scouting their division, than ATrain does. But still, it's one of those logical fits, that you would expect to work out great... which is why it probably won't happen.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Matthias » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:40 pm

moonhead wrote:Atrain is a proven talent. He's got skills, he can play for GB or Philly, or Arizona, or Cleveland...but I think Minnesota should pick him up. I like mewelde, but let's be honest, he's a bit frail. i guess they already have a "bruiser" in moe, but atrain could be an every down back.

no way the vikes add him. they already have: bennett, mewelde, fason, mo, and the whizzinator coming back (i think) next year.

i'd say green bay sounds like the most likely addition, but his chances of starting in the next month are slim: there's a reason that the nfl has training camps. even against someone like tony fisher, you need a few weeks to pick up the system and becoming comfortable with the personnel before getting your name called at the beginning of the game.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk